Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A miracle?

Options
  • 24-04-2009 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

I've been living in Sweden for a few months and I've been looking for a copy of The God Delusion in english for ages but couldn't find it

I'm in the airport about to head back and halfway to the gate a notion popped into my head and I decided I wanted something to read on the plane so I headed back to a book shop. I walked in, looked at a random shelf and it was right there in front of me

It's almost like God wants me to be an atheist :D

That is all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I've been living in Sweden for a few months and I've been looking for a copy of The God Delusion in english for ages but couldn't find it

I'm in the airport about to head back and halfway to the gate a notion popped into my head and I decided I wanted something to read on the plane so I headed back to a book shop. I walked in, looked at a random shelf and it was right there in front of me

That is all
    Praise be!

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Why didn't he give it to you when you were looking for it months ago?!!!! This god guy doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,912 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

because you couldnt just use Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Overblood wrote: »
    Why didn't he give it to you when you were looking for it months ago?!!!! This god guy doesn't make sense.

Because of number 16 on the list of stock religious excuses: "It was not his will"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Overheal wrote: »
    because you couldnt just use Amazon?

Getting post at my apartment was hassle and I wasn't that bothered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

You are mistaken. The most reasonable explanation for this is that Satan has made Sweden his new home and a demon going about his daily business noticed your want to find the God Delusion, so it possessed you and guided you towards it. Remember that crab walk you did after buying the book? Yeah, demo-possession, happening to a lot of Swedes lately. It's the most logical explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Naz_st

You are mistaken. The most reasonable explanation for this is that Satan has made Sweden his new home and a demon going about his daily business noticed your want to find the God Delusion, so it possessed you and guided you towards it. Remember that crab walk you did after buying the book? Yeah, demo-possession, happening to a lot of Swedes lately. It's the most logical explanation.

I agree - and I challenge you to prove that isn't the case. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

You are mistaken. The most reasonable explanation for this is that Satan has made Sweden his new home

Close, but he actually has moved to Norway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I got my copy in Heathrow. The older guy at the checkout at WH Smith was very chatty to the people ahead of me asking where they were going etc. He saw what I was buying and gave me a dirty look.

It was the first time I felt persecuted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I think I read half the book and shoved it on the bookshelf
    It's not that exciting

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got my copy in Heathrow. The older guy at the checkout at WH Smith was very chatty to the people ahead of me asking where they were going etc. He saw what I was buying and gave me a dirty look.

It was the first time I felt persecuted. :)

Hehe! This reminds me of when i was in new zealand, a friend of mine, who is a pretty "agressive atheist" you could say, we were strolling around New Plymouth and happened past a christian book shop, he insisted on going inside to ask did they have the god delusion just to ruffle their feathers, I was mortified and refused to go in with him, but in he went anyway. It was pretty hilarious because he got absolutely no satisfaction in the end, they were asking him about ireland and went to the trouble of looking for it online and said they could order it in for him if he liked!!:D

Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

That is all

Would you say that this copy of the God Delusion was Revealed to you? That's always a fashionable and mystical way of describing the banal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 gumballz

It was the first time I felt persecuted. gdsmile.gif

Lol! that was funny.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

You are mistaken. The most reasonable explanation for this is that Satan has made Sweden

Yes! I heard Sweden was a better place for keeping his reindeer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

studiorat wrote: »
    Yes! I heard Sweden was a better place for keeping his reindeer.

There's also a high percentage of dyslexics in Sweden, so every year around Christmas a load of them unknowingly leave milk and cookies out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I propose a sticky where we take unlikely but possible events in our every day lives and attribute them to some god or another.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What about improbable negative things?

Came back to Ireland for the first time in weeks yesterday. Needed to get money from the ATM and the machine chose THIS exact moment- back in Ireland 2 minutes, no money in my pocket, weighed down with bags- to swallow my card up.

I'm blaming Ares.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

SDooM wrote: »
    What about improbable negative things?

Came back to Ireland for the first time in weeks yesterday. Needed to get money from the ATM and the machine chose THIS exact moment- back in Ireland 2 minutes, no money in my pocket, weighed down with bags- to swallow my card up.

I'm blaming Ares.

Didn't you sacrifice a lamb in his name!?
    Fool! You've killed us all!

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Didn't you sacrifice a lamb in his name!?
    Fool! You've killed us all!

:D

a lamb?

He's already got my sodding Laser card :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement