Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband

Options
  • 24-04-2009 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi Guys

Looking for advice, my brother gave me his laptop & i have no idea which provider to go with for mobile broadband- to be honest it all confuses me!

I am with Vodafone, reception in house isn't great but that could be related to the phone have had problems with it, would only use laptop for emails & surfing, not downloading, live in Emo area all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheKid

3 mobile broadband is good but god almighty they are a nightmare to deal with if you need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

TheKid wrote: »
    3 mobile broadband is good but god almighty they are a nightmare to deal with if you need help.

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 chabby

three mobile.
    all mobile broadband is crappy on windows vista as it uses up to much systems memory........ xp is better

I have it working super fast on both mac and ubuntu linux computers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 weeble

3 mobile is definitly the cheapest and most reliable option I've found as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭countrybabe1

Hi can anyone help me. I was with 3g broadband and they say I owe them money I have paid what I owe them and now they are sending someone down tomorrow or tuesday to come and collect the money that they think I owe them, 3g broadband doesnt communicate with NCO because I have paid and up to date..... Need advice and would be very grateful if someone can give me advice.... Thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Hi can anyone help me.
    I was with 3g broadband and
    they say I owe them money

I have paid what I owe them and

now they are sending someone down tomorrow or tuesday to come and collect the money that they think I owe them,

3g broadband doesnt communicate with NCO because I have paid and up to date.....

Need advice and would be very grateful if someone can give me advice.... Thanks...

OK... You say 3G broadband.. is that three Ireland broadband?
    http://www.three.ie/broadband/

Who are NCO?

Have you called your previous broadband provider?
    Also, do you have records of the payments you have made?
    (Probably on a bank statement?)

Also, do not be afraid of a collections agency .. they are not bailiffs no matter how scary they try to look. They have no right to take anything from you that you do not choose to give them.
    In Fact, if possible, just give them a copy of your payments.

Hi Sonic exyouth,
    Yes Three Ireland Broadband..
    I have statement to show them,
    I also rang 3G broadband this morning and they have recieved the money that I owed them, just hope they ring NCO now to let them no..
    It does not say what they are on the letter, only that they are based in England but have a Irish telephone number.
    Thanks for your help
    Countrybabe...

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Hi Sonic exyouth,
    Yes Three Ireland Broadband..
    I have statement to show them,
    I also rang 3G broadband this morning and they have recieved the money that I owed them, just hope they ring NCO now to let them no..
    It does not say what they are on the letter, only that they are based in England but have a Irish telephone number.
    Thanks for your help
    Countrybabe...

From a British Consumer forum:
    Just to give you some reassurance NCO try this "someone is going to call at your house stunt" with everyone. In reality they have no field force and noone will call.
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20945-dca-nco-debt-collectors.html

Thanks for the reassurance much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SmandyMaguire

i've o2 broadband in portarlington...€20 a month..speeds are pretty decent. I think u can get most mobile broadbands on a 15 day money back trial to check if it's any good in your area

• Advertisement

I have switched from 3G broadband to sky tel they are brilliant coverage is great so fast and not getting cut off all the time... will never go back to mobile broadband..

Advertisement