Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP Tour; Rip Curl Search 2009

Options
  • 24-04-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Just wondering, does anyone have any info on the rip curl search event this year? The last few years its been during the summer months but this year it is on at the end of october and it has been confirmed it is somewhere in the north atlantic. I cant imagine it will be in france or spain as the two preceeding events are held there but you never know, they may claim it to be a search event and just hold another contest in one of these countries. I think it will either be in morocco or portugal witht he latter being my moneys worth.

Im really hoping its not in Ireland as it will just bring more attention to our shores and will start crowding up line ups. One year it was in mexico, 2005 i think, a lovely right hand point break called la jolla that was relatively unknown and uncrowded. Nowadays that wave can have anywhere of 50 people minimum out, most of them foregners. The mexican locals are pissed. I also dont think it will be here as the pros don't like cold water.

So basically anybody have any idea where the event will be on or even better anybody have some inside info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Id put money on it being morocco. It would certainly fit 'The Search' criteria for a competition location

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Yeah it's gotta be Morrocco or Portugal,praying its not Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

gavkm27 wrote: »
    Yeah it's gotta be Morrocco or Portugal,praying its not Ireland

It was rumoured last year that Rip Curl were going to "do something" of the West Coast of Ireland this October. Havent heard anything since so it may be cancelled

Advertisement