Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge Eircom Bill

Options
  • 23-04-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for me?

Was with BT for a good while and someone else in my house switched over to Eircom when I was on holidays back in January.

Fairly peed off as I don't want to give them the steam of my p**s as they wouldn't give me broadband for 5/6 years when all my neighbours could get it but thats another story.

Anyway nothing happened after a month from signing up so I called up and gave them my details to check the status of the order.
    They told me that we didn't order anything from them and then put me onto another department so check for sure but mid sentence they hung up.

So not pleased to say the least, signed back up with BT next day, told them the background, they actually sent us out confirmation (dated 10th March) etc unlike Eircom.
    3 weeks later the postman knocks at the door with the Eircom modem and I told him to send it back.
    Broadband with BT then went around 1st April so I called them up to see what was happening. They told me that they weren't my ISP at all, after hanging up and calling again I got someone very helpful to look into it more and they said that Eircom blocked the transfer as we had went with them. The girl said she'd get me back on broadband asap and low and behold it was working fine the next day :)

In the meantime we had received an Eircom bill for €60odd and we rang to complain as we techically were only with them 3 days per customer dept. Anyway we got a letter from the head of the customer dept. to state that they apologised and would not charge us for any package etc. but only for call made which totalled €3.

My broadband went then again last Friday so called BT on Monday and they said oh sorry here's your new username and password, that got me wondering why I needed a new one. Turned out since the last day it went at the start of April we were with Eircom BB even though we didn't accept their modem or get any username or anything along those lines and had clearly cancelled it at the start of March!

Then today when I arrived home there was a bill from Eircom for €300 in total.

It's charging €120 for broadband ceasation charges and balance on calls + VAT.
    What sort of a joke operation are they running? Does anyone think they could purposely be doing this to annoy us?

Needless to say they won't be getting 1c with carry on like that and April Fools day was weeks ago!

Anyone have similar issues like this, what result did you get?
    I've read other threads re eircom billing but they relate to being overbilled whilst still with Eircom.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

What is the name on the account? If it is in your name and they changed it without your permission then you don't have any contract with them.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

What is the name on the account? If it is in your name and they changed it without your permission then you don't have any contract with them.

MC

Not sure what you're getting at but it's in same name as BT one and one that we signed up with originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

The speil you will get is to pay the bill then they will reimburse you. Tell them you signed nothing and to stick it up their hole.

I used to work for them so I know they haven't a leg to stand on.

If you pay them you'll wait 3 to 6 months for your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Only the account holder can change the account, if this isn't the case then they can't hold you to the non-contract.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Keith186 wrote: »
    Not sure what you're getting at but it's in same name as BT one and one that we signed up with originally.
    is the phone bill in your name? if it is then the person that changed over to eircom had no right to do so and you owe eircom nothing as you have no contract with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Phoned them today, surprisingly they were a roll over.
    They admitted they were wrong and withdrew the bill completely.

Advertisement