Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenors Grillroom - Donnybrook+Nass - €5 starters, €10 Main course Anytime

Options
  • 23-04-2009 6:21pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

logo.jpg
    [Full Menu]

Starters €5.00
    Soups €4.00
    Main Courses €10.00
    Sides €3 or 4 for €10
    Desserts €5.00

Donnybrook - 01-2830407

Open 7 nights from 5pm till late,
    Lunch saturday and sundays from 12.30pm

Nass - Naas 045-881595

Open for lunch and dinner 7 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Hmmmnnn... Thanks! Looks inviting. I'm over that way next week, might check it out. Anyone eat there before? Any good? I'm all for restaurants offering good prices but only if the food is decent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Menupages Reviews star_large_green.gifstar_large_green.gifstar_large_green.gifstar_large_green.gifstar_large_half.gif

Out of reviews, lowest rating was 4 stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Well.... that's good enough for me, thanks, I'll defo try it out.;) We should have more posts about restaurants offering good deals, methinks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Well.... that's good enough for me, thanks, I'll defo try it out.;) We should have more posts about restaurants offering good deals, methinks.

Yes, because the range of stuff out there at the moment that is so much cheaper than a few months ok. I thought this offer was good because its anytime and not just an early bird which a lot are advertising.

http://dineindublin.ie/ - three course ‘Dine in Dublin’ dinner menu priced at a special rate of either €25 or €30 euro*

http://earlybirds.ie/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Will definately have to try this place out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Was there Wednesday night, great food for the price and a nice place too. Place was packed so probably best to book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

Ate in Donnybrook a few weeks ago. Brilliant value. All the 4 dishes I tried were very tasty. Large carafe(full bottle) of the house white wine for €12. Mother even asked for the name of it. Staff are all very friendly too. Have been recommending it to all my mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Davy wrote: »
    Menupages Reviews star_large_green.gifstar_large_green.gifstar_large_green.gifstar_large_green.gifstar_large_half.gif

Out of reviews, lowest rating was 4 stars.

I think there was a thread about Menupages over in Consumer Issues about 6 months ago.
    General jist of it was that MenuPages have a policy of deleting any bad reviews of restaurants. They get their revenue from the restaurants and not from diners so therefore they aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them.

RATM wrote: »
    I think there was a thread about Menupages over in Consumer Issues about 6 months ago.
    General jist of it was that MenuPages have a policy of deleting any bad reviews of restaurants. They get their revenue from the restaurants and not from diners so therefore they aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them.

I am aware of that thread. It was the only thing i could use, and that why i thanked MiniMetro and CountingCrows for sharing their experience.

I went here tonight and had an absolutely lovely meal. Highly recommend this place.

Between myself and the girl I was with, we had 2 starters, 2 main courses, 2 deserts, 2 cokes and a pot of tea and the bill was just under €50.

All the food we had was lovely, couldn't fault it. The only thing that we would probably fault was that the tea was very small! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Had lunch there today on the basis of this thread and to be honest was very disappointed. Very bland food which really had the feel of pre-prepared food. Granted our meal only cost us E36 but I really regret having gone there. More details here on my blog

Even though it was cheap, I don't really consider it to be value.

dudara wrote: »
    Had lunch there today on the basis of this thread and to be honest was very disappointed. Very bland food which really had the feel of pre-prepared food. Granted our meal only cost us E36 but I really regret having gone there. More details here on my blog

Even though it was cheap, I don't really consider it to be value.

I can't say I agree with you at all. But we did eat different things, at a different time of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bryn wrote: »
    I can't say I agree with you at all. But we did eat different things, at a different time of the day

Understood. I dislike being the only dissenting voice about this restaurant, but my OH and I were in agreement about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

had dinner in the naas branch yesterday. Food was good, reasonably priced but I couldnt help notice that the pork belly dish which is displayed on its website under the 10 euro section is now in its special section for 18 euro !!!!!

There was also no king prawns in the king prawn cocktail !!!
    The carafe of wine was 13.30 is it cheaper in its donnybrook branch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

RATM wrote: »

Not to worry, there's one bad review there now. Not by me, it must be said.

foodaholic wrote: »
    The carafe of wine was 13.30 is it cheaper in its donnybrook branch

Yeah, it's €12.95 in the Donnybrook branch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Ate here last week as we live around the area. The menupages reviews looked promising and I know menupages has lost a little respect recently, but they were spot on :D

Overall it was great food, great service and really excellent value. We got 2 starters, 2 Main meals, dessert, coke and a glass of wine for just over e40 - great menu choice too and I really hope they do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

pallas405 wrote: »
    cool man great place :)

ZOMBIE ZOMBIE! LOCK IT UP!

Advertisement