Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN gaming????

Options
  • 23-04-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

what exactely is LAN gaming?? im not totally oblivious to networking i do a small bit of it in college so i know than LAN = local area network but in terms of call of duty 4, what is LAN gaming??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ShaneAK47 wrote: »
    what exactely is LAN gaming?? im not totally oblivious to networking i do a small bit of it in college so i know than LAN = local area network but in terms of call of duty 4, what is LAN gaming??

You just play over a LAN rather then the internet, that's all. There is the non-technical implication of a LAN party and gathering to go with it.

Have a look here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=100

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

LAN party:

Ingredients:
    Free gaff with lots power outlets and/or extension cords.
    Several gamers. 6-10 being the best size group.
    Alcohol of various types.
    A list of agreed games. (Mix of FPS,RTS etc)
    Someopne to have updated patches and/or copies of said games.
    A decent hub and sufficient cables.
    Tables and chairs,sleeping bags are optional.

Non formal defintion of a LAN party: Getting a group of mates over to paly games against each other while getting drunk.
    Hint: wait till the FPS/RTS champ is drunk before playing Counterstrike/Starcraft!

Advertisement