Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jessie and Padraig return with the Poker Show

Options
  • 23-04-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

For those of you interested, The Poker Show returns this weekend, live on internet radio - the perfect medium for a voice like Jesse's and a face like Padraig's!

The show is interactive so feel free to call or email with your questions, comments, and rants.

Here's the details:

Dublin, Ireland: April 23, 2009 – Legendary World Series of Poker TV show, The Poker Show, hosted by Jesse May and Padraig Parkinson, returns this weekend as the UK and Ireland’s first live, regular online poker radio show, sponsored by Boylepoker.com.

The all-new radio show will see SKY TV presenter Matt Broughton join the experienced broadcast team on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. at www.thepokershowlive.com where they will discuss, debate, and decipher the technicolour world of live and online poker with a series of special guests, contributors and phone-in questions and commentary from members of the poker playing public.

The first show, broadcast this Sunday, April 26, will feature Dan Harrington. Others appearing in the first three shows include Donnacha O’Dea, Neil Channing and Kara Scott and among the subjects up for discussion will be the recent Irish Open, the European Poker Tour Monte Carlo grand final, and the World Poker Tour championship event in Las Vegas with much more besides including a few surprises thrown in.

Phil Hellmuth, John Duthie, and acclaimed writer Paul “Dr. Pauly” Maguire will also be popping into the studio for a chat during the first week.

Boylepoker pro, Padraig Parkinson, who co-hosted the original ground-breaking Poker Show from Las Vegas several years ago, was excited by the prospect of bringing the show back. “I’m thrilled to see the show make a comeback as we always felt we had unfinished business. The line-ups for the show are amazing and we’re looking forward to mixing the old with the new, live with online, business with pleasure and giving poker players the chance to interact with us live each night. If nothing else it’s going to provide some hilarious moments and hopefully some genuine insight too!”

Poker players are actively encouraged to get involved in each show. Players can add The Poker Show to Skype or, for MSN users: thepokershow@live.co.uk. The presenters can then chat to participants before or during the show, live on air.

They can also email comments or contact details to chat@thepokershowlive.com.

The Poker Show is produced by Matchroom Sports which has been involved in producing high-end poker content since the first Poker Million in 2000.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jpr1973

Good stuff. About time there was a rival to the biased american produced shows like pokercast and pokerroad radio. Im sick to the teeth of that smug little fcker ali nejad

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Should be entertaining to dip in and out of. I liked the shows a few years back anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Yeah, I enjoyed it at the time as well. I note that it's a 3 hour show though, 3 nights a week. A bit much, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Innovative idea, looking forward to tuning in and hope its a great success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Padraig06

I dont like that bit about matchroom and highend content. I need a fuxxing lawyer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Padraig06 wrote: »
    I dont like that bit about matchroom and highend content. I need a fuxxing lawyer.

hutz_pointing.jpg

Lionel Hutz: This is the greatest case of false advertising I've seen since I sued the movie The Never Ending Story.

:pac:

Best of luck with the show all...I'll be tuning in without doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone else think that the original was absolutely terrible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Padraig06

lotsa people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Padraig06 wrote: »
    lotsa people.

lol, can't wait for this....The original TV show (what I got to see of it) had me in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Good luck with it boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Liffey climbing fences trying to douse the set which had spontaneously combusted was fabulously funny in the first series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Liffey climbing fences trying to douse the set which had spontaneously combusted was fabulously funny in the first series.

Did you just call something fabulously funny? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

seemed to roll off the keyboard easy enough meh? might edit

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Serena08

Best of luck with the new show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Internet sensation Tom “durrrr” Dwan heads an all-star line up for the first night of The Poker Show on Sunday April 26.

The first edition of the ground-breaking internet radio show devised by Matchroom Sport in association with Boylepoker.com kicks off at 8pm this Sunday at www.thepokershowlive.com and we have a cracking first night in store.

Dwan has become one of the most talked about players in the world in the last 18 months with his aggressive style of play causing a real buzz. Jesse May, Padraig Parkinson and Matt Broughton will be grilling “durrrr” on his ongoing million dollar challenge, his big pots with Phil Hellmuth and Tony G in the Premier League and his thoughts on the new series of High Stakes Poker.

Neil “Bad Beat” Channing will also be on the show to exclusively reveal the line-up of his all-new Blackbelt Poker team, there’s an interview with “Action” Dan Harrington from the Irish Open and we will also catch up with Ross Boatman after his great run in the WPT Championships.
    The show will always keep a keen eye on the world of poker blogs and we will start with star blogger Dr Pauly from the Tao of Poker to chat about the WSOP betting market.

Visit www.thepokershowlive.com for more information – add ThePokerShow to Skype, thepokershow@live.co.uk to MSN and email chat@thepokershowlive.com to get involved.

Advertisement