Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A small request

Options
  • 23-04-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hello all...

first off im very sorry if this is the wrong forum for this..

I bought some equipment from a company in germany a few years ago.. ever since they have been sending a newsletter to the address where i lived at the time but no longer live there.. however my ex-partner still lives there and its annoying her that these letters keep arriving at her address.. i have emailed them already asking to be removed, but im not sure if they understood my english.. so i would really like someone to translate the following into german so i can email them again asking to stop sending them...
    Hello ****

Can you please remove the following address from your mailing list, as i no longer live at this address and my ex-partner still lives there and does not want these letters being delivered to the house. the address you have on record is ****ADDRESS ****.
    please can you reply to me confirming this has been done

kind regards
    ***my name***

if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it

cheers
    H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Seriously ...I wouldn't bother.

Just get your ex to return the letter(s) to sender ...address unknown.

Marketing companies ...even German ones ....never take a blind bit of notice when you want to get removed from their mailing list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sourwine

Hi,

peasant might be right. But if you want to try anyway:

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

könnten Sie die folgende Adresse bitte aus Ihrer Mailing Liste entfernen, da ich nicht mehr dort wohnhaft bin. Dort wohnt noch meine Ex-Parterin, die diese Briefe nicht weiter erhalten möchte.

Die bei Ihnen gespeicherte Adresse lautet:
    ****ADDRESS ****

Ich wäre Ihnen sehr dankbar wenn Sie mir die Löschung der Adresse kurz bestätigen würden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    ***my name***

Hope this helps. They probably won't confirm the removal of the address, though.

Cheers
    sourwine

Advertisement