If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha AV amp

Options
  • 23-04-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

John

Any Yamaha's AVR coming in? I'm particularly interested in the rx-v1900. Do you know how much they will be?

BTW, why does there seem to be such a shortage of far eastern gear these days - same problem getting my freesat receivers. Are they running out of copper & plastic?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Been keeping an eye on Yamaha amps too. Any info on the V3900.
    thanks,
    Moolers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

apologies for taking so long to get back to you -

Very little incoming information on the new Yams at this stage (or availability of the old one's for that matter.

New Onkyo 307 now in (at a different price level to your request!)
    New Onkyo 507 in next 10 days - Launch price special £279.95 / €319.99
    New Onkyo 577 in next 10 days - Launch price special £329.95 / €379.99
    New Onkyo 607 (YIPPIE) - 1st week May - Launch price special £399.95 / €469.99

Denon AVR1509 - Limited stocks at just £219.95 / €259.99 (€399 in a popular Dublin AV store)
    AVR2309 - Limited availability - £629.95
    AVR2809 - Limited availability - £749.95

New Denons coming up:

AVR610 - Late June

AVR1910 - eagerly awaited replacement to AVR1909 - this is a bigie for Denon and will undercut the Onkyo 607, it's arch rival in price - Coing in early July - No more 1909's in black left - only a V E R Y limited number in silver.

AVR2310 - AVR2309 replacement - due late July - Denon have big hopes for this one - being final tuned by their UK guru Rodger Batchelor at the moment and I understand that this 2310 and the 1910 will be exclusive UK tuned editions (but then again that could just be sales crap!)

Sony AVR's - all wipend out stockwise at the moment - but I do have a few bin ends of all the above manufacuturers AVR's which I will post later today.

Sorry for being so long winded - I think the AVR famine is slowly drawing to a close and hopefully we will have decent stocks over the next couple of weeks..

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Thanks for the info John.
    I have me heart set on a Yamaha V3900 but it doesn't look like you do any Yamaha amps.

I would prefer to buy off Richersounds but should I look elsewhere, I wouldn't be buying for a couple of months yet so I'll probably check availability with you then.

What do you think the chances are of you been able to source a Yamaha amp for a loyal customer?
    Thanks,
    Moo.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Mollers,

no, we do normally stock the Yam receivers and we do like them as well, we are just completely out of stock at the moment as, again Yam, like everyone else are range chopping - I do expect this to change before you are purchasing (if that within the next 6-8 weeks) and then we should be back to business as normal (ie Overstocked and panic discounting!!! :D)

Thanks again and as soon as I see white smoke - I'll post on boards for you,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

John do Richersounds stock Marantz amps at all such as the SR7002 and SR-6003? If so what is their availability and cost?

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.