Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chausson Campervan

Options
  • 23-04-2009 11:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi i see the question has been asked before,a while ago,but has anyone any info on this make camper,i know it is French built but thats about all i know.They dont seem to be very common,so i was wondering if anyone would know what the build quality is like and specifications and stuff/value/relability/durability etc....

Any input would be appricated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again:

All motorhomes are hand built on small assembly lines. It is far more important if the guy that screwed together your particular camper had a hangover that day or not than what the brand label says on the outside.

Sure, some brands of campers (and Chausson is one of them) generally use higher quality materials and fittings than others ...but even high quality stuff can be screwed in the wrong way.

Whether you're buying new or used, you really have to inspect the particuar motorhome in great detail before you can say if it's well made or not and if it has any defects/leaks or not.

It's a bit like buying a house, there almost always is a snag list. Some lists just are longer than others.

Judging by brand/make alone is pretty pointless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Thanks..

I do realise you have to inspect the individual camper,and you can get Monday morning ones as with anything,but what i wanted to know was it generally thought that the Chausson maker uses top quality parts or not.
    (it wouldnt matter what the workmanship was like if the materials are no good to start with in the first place)

I think i determine from your post that it is generally thought that the build/quality/materials of this make is thought to be fairly OK,would that be correct.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yepp ...Chausson are a decent middle of the range type manufacturer.
    Not extravagant, but not real cheapo either.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

thetyreman wrote: »
    Hi i see the question has been asked before,a while ago,but has anyone any info on this make camper,i know it is French built but thats about all i know.They dont seem to be very common,so i was wondering if anyone would know what the build quality is like and specifications and stuff/value/relability/durability etc....

Any input would be appricated thanks

Hi have a look at www.motorhomefun.co.uk log onto the forum and click on motorhome specific, you should find the information there that you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

hi, i hired a chausson {welcome}last year for a week. i think it was a 6 berth with plenty of room as there were only 4 of us.it included all the usual spec , cooker, fridge , sink , toilet and even a shower. no problems what so ever with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

I have a 2002 Chausson on a ford transit dura torque (think that's how they spell it).
    I have to say that the Chausson build is very good and while not using the most expensive fittings it is a very practical camper.
    The one I bought is 8 berth which leaves us a lot of storage and living space for the four of us while not having to make beds up at night.
    The main double overcab bed is very big and a full kingsize with plenty of air space over so you dont feel claustrophobic.
    We went to France for three weeks last year and will go again this this year and it performed very well.
    I did notice a lot of Chaussons on the continent.
    Personally I like the Ford transit as it is twin wheel rear drive and never gets stuck - we were on one campsite in France which was waterlogged and ended up pulling three other campers out of the mud. They were all front wheel drive.
    Anyway I could ramble on for hours about it but they are gebuinely good and usually well priced.

Advertisement