Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€4 for hospital parking in St Luke's

Options
  • 23-04-2009 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else think that this is very pricey. I was dropping someone into casualty - parked in carpark for 30/40 mins.

Last time I went it was 3 euro. This is rip-off Ireland at its best. Its good value if you are parking for full day, but how many people do that.

It is the last time they will ever get a penny of me. I don't mind paying, but I hate being ripped of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I wasn't five minutes in the car-park last week. Was dropping someone off for a day procedure! Only parked up coz i didn't want them waiting on their own before they were called in.
    Had to go back in the evening to pick them up...total of €8 for parking!!

OH was in there for almost three months last year...I parked illegally most days, coz it was costing me nearly €100 on petrol a week.

I think there is some card of something you can get if you have to go in and out more than once in a day.
    Copped a sign somewhere, naturally it's not very well advertised and I can't for the life of me remember where I seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

i was in and out everyday for six months a few years ago, i can't remember exactly how much but there was a huge reduction if you were a regular user.
    to get it you went to the security cabin on the left as you are walking back out to the carpark.
    what i don't get is where the revenue from the carpark is going, is it feeding directly back into HSE or is there a private operator involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

it used to annoy me the amount of illegal parking in Lukes. I passed there last week and noticed they have a guy standing out front to stop illegal parking. Maybe the extra €1 charge is to pay for him:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its the same price to park in Waterford Regional Hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

They've only put the price up in St Luke's in the last few months.

I think it's a really sad situation, when hospitals have to charge visitors to park there.

I know what you're saying about the illegal parking pissing you off...but if you're paying €3, every day for months on end, it soon starts to add up.

Parking reductions should be advertised a bit better tho. I know there's probably no way of regulating it and people will take advantage of it. But there has to be some solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Just another state stealth tax guys. A hospital of all places, providing care and compassion remember, charging/ripping off for parkinG. Outrageous imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

You can get out for free if you were in there for less than 20 minutes apparently.. you go to the barrier and press the help button- i think you put in your card though
    Worth a try!!!

I think it is a private operator, but i'm not sure, and in fairness none of us should be on those yellow lines on the right as you enter- it is the exit for the ambulances if i'm not mistaken!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mfitzy wrote: »
    Just another state stealth tax guys. A hospital of all places, providing care and compassion remember, charging/ripping off for parkinG. Outrageous imo..

How do you suggest they control idiots parking in ambulance bays?
    I've seen it happy plenty of times down in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ Tow their cars directly to the crusher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Cabaal wrote: »
    How do you suggest they control idiots parking in ambulance bays?
    I've seen it happy plenty of times down in waterford

Why don't they provide parking then for cars who are dropping people in and out of casualty - for example 20 mins at the most.
    With immediate clamping if they go over 30 mins.

It is a stealth tax I agree with previous posters, and every other time going down I will be parking illegally or parking outside by the shop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement