Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

lemon?

Options
  • 22-04-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

im looking for a first car! i liked the look of this one till i seen the mileage, seems to low
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/Almera/200840190256513/advert

MakeNissanModelAlmera
    Price €750
    Engine 1.5
    Petrol
    Body Type Hatchback
    Transmission Manual
    Year 1996
    Colour WHITE
    Mileage 55,000 M / 88,514 KM
    Owners 3
    Doors 3
    Additional Info
    SALE PRICE..........REDUCED TO CLEAR ...E750 .....BARGAIN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

It has its fair share of dents and knocks for a car with 55,000 miles. You may be able to get it for 450-500. Even if it does give up in a years time, it will owe you nothing. Those almeras have bulletproof engines too. At the end of the day, its not thousands of euro you could lose!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

It doesnt come with any NCT, however bring a mechanic with you and get him to check it over properly.

Bodywork isnt too bad for the year to be fair but you can only see one side of it in the picture.

Its a desireable enough car among boy racers, a white almera 2 door, and I assume its the 1.5 DOHC engine so would have a fair bit of poke in it.

I couldnt honestly say whether its a lemon or not from the pictures and information show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

It doesn't come in a 1.5 guise. Only 1.4 and 1.6. Neither are quick.

Bodywork looks ok from what you can see, 55k miles is awfully low for a 96, its something like 4.5k miles a year.

3 owners only doing 4.5k miles a year each is very suspect but probably worth a look anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

This model is an N15 are generally excellent and come with either a 1.4 or 1.6 engine. I suspect this is a 1.4 version as they were the most popular. Bar checking it over for the usual just check that its not burning oil as there is a tendancy for these engines to do so if not serviced. Otherwise no real know faults and Jap. built. Overall a very good car and drive well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It's a 1.4 alright. On something like that, with the value and everything considered, I'd be making sure the engine was running right and looked after before I'd worry about the mileage. As said above, it won't owe you alot if anything major does go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭target assassin

Hi,

The almera you enquired about is in really good condition.Very low miles and 2 owners from new.The Nct is valid until july this year but may be able to give an NCT until july 2011.

Please let me know if you would like more info.

just got this from the dealer? i asked about the nct

what questions should i ask him?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Hi,

The almera you enquired about is in really good condition.Very low miles and 2 owners from new.The Nct is valid until july this year but may be able to give an NCT until july 2011.

Please let me know if you would like more info.

just got this from the dealer? i asked about the nct

what questions should i ask him?

Just go and see the car. Bring a mechanic friend with you if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What to look for in a used car, unless you bring a mechanic with you.
    http://www.samarins.com/check/

Advertisement