Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usit/trailfinders nz visa

Options
  • 22-04-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hello peoples!
    i am interested in travelling to nz in june on a one year whv, theres two options i can find for getting the visa, one with usit and one with trailfinders. does anybody have any experience with either of these and if so which would they recommend re price etc?

also if theres anybody based in nz reading this whats the story workwise down there?! :) im a qualified teacher meself!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Are you mad, apply direct to http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
    Others charge you extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sounds-right

if i apply directly through the immigration office apparently i need a job offer before i can get the visa? thats why i was looking at usit etc because you dont need a job offer before you apply, apparently! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

We used USIT and it worked out fine, so I'll give them a thumbs up. The immigration site is more for permanent visa applications I believe as thats whom I dealt with for our skilled visa application. Go and have a chat with usit to find out their fee's etc and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

if i apply directly through the immigration office apparently i need a job offer before i can get the visa? thats why i was looking at usit etc because you dont need a job offer before you apply, apparently! :)

I got my WHV no problem straight through them, have things changed in the last few wks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

honestly, stay away from any third party companies who will charge you extra for nothing - if you look at the original link sent for WHV or even easier follow the following link (for Irish WHV in NZ) -

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/irelandworkingholidayscheme.htm

and go do it online it takes no time and I got approval in 48 hours....and you do not need a job offer or anything of the sort for a whv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sounds-right

thanks for the advice and links everyone!

any kiwis know what the job situation is like down there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

depends what you work at, tbh.

it's on a downhill, but not as bad as ireland... read around this forum a bit, there's heaps of info similar enough to what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 egan.04

hey there,

I'm hoping to go to NZ in June too, anyone know much about ski-jobs over there,
    are they easy to come by?

as for the visa, I don't know much about trailfinders but I went with usit for my OZ visa and found them great so I guess I'll go with them again, less hassle than trying to do it all myself, as far as i know you get the visa for free anyway when you buy their travel insurance, I know that was the case for OZ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

less hassle than trying to do it all myself

Not really, you have to give Usit the same information so they can re-enter it for you - all of the online visa process could not be mroe straight forward

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mst

Me and my boyfriend have been looking for work in Christchurch for almost a month now and its not easy. We keep getting told that they are looking for permanent people with residency or permanent visas, not people with working holiday visas. I have managed to find 20 hours a week cleaning but its only for 6 weeks, my bf has yet to find anything. We are in a house of foreigners looking for work and everyone agrees its not easy to find. Maybe with the teaching however you could do childminding or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

FreeAnd.. wrote: »
    Not really, you have to give Usit the same information so they can re-enter it for you - all of the online visa process could not be mroe straight forward

This.

You'e be mad to pay usit or trailfinders to do it. It takes 15 minutes and only costs €65 to do it on the immigration website. You don't even have to send your passport in. You get an e-visa. Mine was approved in 2 days.

Seriously, just do it yourself on the immigration website.

Advertisement