Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wine bars in Dublin?

Options
  • 22-04-2009 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

I'm talking about places where you can drink wine and eat salumi, meat or other small appetizers (I don't know if it's the right word).

I remember seeing a place close to George st, unfortunately I cannot recall the name, do you know other nice places with good wines and, possibly, good food.

I hope it's clear that I'm not talking of restaurants :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

tapas bar is what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Thaedydal wrote: »
    tapas bar is what you want.

yes, with good wine :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ely's pretty good. Or The Port House. Or Pintxo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

French Paradox in Ballsbridge. 150 french wines by the glass, and a selection of cold platters, mainly cold meats, cheese and foie gras. I found it excellent, but you once said I knew nothing about food following a post I made. My humble and meek Irish palate found it to my liking.

http://www.thefrenchparadox.com/tasting/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

IronMan wrote: »
    French Paradox in Ballsbridge. 150 french wines by the glass, and a selection of cold platters, mainly cold meats, cheese and foie gras. I found it excellent, but you once said I knew nothing about food following a post I made. My humble and meek Irish palate found it to my liking.

http://www.thefrenchparadox.com/tasting/

what a rip off that place is. went there once, but never again!! 20 euros for a salad or a little platter of charcuterie, LOL!!!:eek:

eno in the ifsc now do food upstairs i believe. mind you i've never had their food but have had plenty of their wines!!

• Advertisement

Dunne & Crescenzi is another one in this league, but it can be a bit spendy too.

Actually, Taverna di Bacco is one of the best value venues for this kind of thing, as long as you're happy drinking Italian. I've not been to Enoteca della Langhe down the street, but I'd say it'd be good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

as mentioned above ely are great, they do a fantastic cheese plate
    i think peploe's bar might be good too, haven't been there though

dereko1969 wrote: »
    i think peploe's bar might be good too, haven't been there though
    I was there years ago when it first opened. I'd definitely recommend it as a wine-and-snacks venue rather than a proper restaurant. They loaded all the food with way too much salt and did that infuriating thing of serving your wine and then leaving the bottle somewhere in the next postal district.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

just realised the place you were probably talking about near georges street was fallon & byrnes, downstairs is fantastic, great charcuterie/cheese selection and great wines available too, really nice spot

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

La Cave, S. Anne's St - range wines by the glass or bottle, plates of charcuterie (sp>?), pate, olives & bread etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Second the Port House on Sth William St. Love the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Downstairs in Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer Street. Good meats/cheeses and wine by the glass.

Advertisement