Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Beechlawn Motors Ltd

Options
  • 22-04-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Anyone bought from these before? Prices seem a bit too good to me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Kartale

I enquired about them before. Cars checked out, mostly high mileage cars, used to do ex fleet cars . They seem to have a high turnover of stock so suppose they just make small profit to move cars on. Around a good few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Is 100k on a 2001 car high enough? I'm not entirely sure what the norm is here...

But they seem okay anyways yeah?

yeah they seem to be.
    100k is 12k per year which is average enough.
    as usual check for service history and bring a mechanic

Do I still have to bring a mechanic even though I'm buying from a dealer? And service history, what exactly do I ask here? Not used to buying!

its always good to have someone with you that knows something about cars.
    Just ask dealer if they have a service history for the car

• Advertisement

Hmm, not registered with the Irish Motor Industry...should I be concerned?

The concensus on boards is that SIMI is of no real use when called upon tp help out. but i'm sure you could do a search for a Thread about them.
    Have you a link to the car your looking at.
    someone else recently posted (today/yesterday) a website that tells you what to ask when purchasing a used car.
    Can't stress enough about bringing a mechanic with you regardless of dealer you purchase from

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You two wouldn't by any chance know each other and/or or work for the above company? :D

Defo not, what i have stated has been said here on a daily basis.
    Q's and nature of Q's possibly do sound suspicous now that you say it.

Haha, jesus, not at all. Genuine questions here...just haven't bought before so maybe that's why it's coming across as a little strange. Plus I was asking should I be concerned about the company!

I'll go rooting for that thread, thanks.

• Advertisement

Sorry, couldn't find it there...had a look through the last ten pages or so. Do you mind linking it for me?

Thanks.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055545915

its on this thread. i nearly didn't want to help you out this time - i may know you !

Advertisement