Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parts needed for Mazda 323F (96-98 model)

Options
  • 22-04-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hey, hope someone can help out here!! Have a 98 323F, with the two parking/indicator lights casings cracked and damaged... The NCT is coming up in 2 weeks and have tried every breakers yard in Dublin, Meath, Westmeath, Offaly and Kildare that I can get a number for, alot have the exact model onsite but are either crashed at the front or already been fleeced for parts.

I need to get the lights asap, and am very low on funds at the moment. New casing/cover for the lights are approx €70 each.
    Car should hopefully pass once the lights are ok, failed for small visual errors last time, but light cover was not broken then. Prob will have to retest car completely as truly cannot afford the parts new at all, and even if I could I wont be able to outlay the funds within the month limit, so here is my plea...

If anyone has one of these Mazda 323F's lying around ready for scrappage, or knows a breakers yard that has one intact, and not salvaged completely, could ye let me know??? I really need to get these parts, and obviously this whole 5 points NCT thing has me pushing to get them quicker...

Know ye cant print numbers etc, so if you have any leads, PM me:)

Really appreciate this, thanks for reading this essay of a plea :):)

(I also need a motor/switch for the aerial, which for some reason has decided today, just before I got to a car wash, to give up to ghost and not retract the aerial. Radio works fine but aerial does not go back into car. Think it might have been tampered with yesterday evening by the neighbours brats, so if any mazdas have one of these going spare too, would be v grateful ;);) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Did you try scrappers out the back of kilcock? There was a 323 with a smashed rear end the last time i was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Try the guys on www.club323f.com, somebody might've changed to smoked lenses or modified otherwise. There's a site for new parts too www.fordprobestore.co.uk
    Last time I needed parts I had to go to a breaker in wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Have the same car and had the same problem about 8 months ago. Got replacements off summerhill spares (They aren't in summerhill though :) ) and they charged €25 per indicator. They give you the bulb and leads, the whole unit.

Bastard of a car to get spares for especially anything that's likely damaged in a crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm pretty sure that model 323f ran from 1993

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that model 323f ran from 1993

Different styles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1994 323f
    1994_Mazda_323_Astina_TN.jpg

1998 323f
    35206_Mazda_323_1998_01.jpg

Is there a subtle difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Hey cheers for the info on club323f, hope that I can get it sorted there... There is a breakers in Athlone area that has a 98 323f, but when I rang back after they checked they said the indicators is to the side of the headlamps, and there are no lights in the bumper (like there is in the pics posted by Colm) My car is the exact same as the top one colm posted, cant tell much about the bottom pic, same front, maybe its the rear thats different?

Anyways from talkin to the Mazda dealers, they have assured me there are differences between the 323fs 96-98 models and the earlier ones, especially for parts for engine/air filters etc and lights... and from talking to some breakers they have said the same. Autopart shop I use always asks for chassis number to differenciate the models.

Kilcock said to call back in a few days they will let me know if more come in, the ones there are crashed at the front or already salvaged from :(. Just my luck I guess. I tried Summerhill as well. Went thu every number in the golden pages!

Was thinking that if it comes down to it and parts cannot be sourced, if I was to swap the covers with another 323f for the day I might get away with it. A friend of my brothers has a car like mine, maybe he might swap for the day! This is only if I cannot get parts in the mean time..

Cheers for helpful info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭DubDani

If you don't mind driving a bit try Traynors in the North. i am pretty certain that they will have what you are looking for.

http://traynors.co.uk/

I just had a quick look online, and they seem to several 323F from those years atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

DubDani wrote: »
    If you don't mind driving a bit try Traynors in the North. i am pretty certain that they will have what you are looking for.

http://traynors.co.uk/

I just had a quick look online, and they seem to several 323F from those years atm.

You don't need to go to them, they do regular drop offs in Dublin and Galway.

Advertisement