Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable Hard-Drive not recognised via USB

Options
  • 22-04-2009 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,

I own an Iomega 160GB Portable Hard drive which is only about 6 months old.

All of a sudden it has stopped booting up no matter what PC or Lap-Top I try

to hook it up to. The green light turns on and it sounds like it is booting up

but the Computer it is connected to at the time will not recognize it. It has

been temperamental in the past in this regard but now it simply refuses to

operate. Could anybody give me any advice on what may be the problem?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Reaps

Does the HD have a SATA port aswell as a USB port, if so try it, think most External HD have them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BUCK_HENDERSHOT

I opened the casing and it does have a Sata connection. I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

This happened me with a Western Digital drive about 6 months ago, at times it would be recognised and then not recognised at all, then it went permanently! I googled the problem and apparently it was the circuit board for the HDD!!! The only way of fixing it was buying an identical hard drive and transfering the board.

That was my issue tho, dunno if your is the same but the symptoms match!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

I have a Toshiba hard drive, reinstalled my windows recently so backed up all my songs(1500 of them:() was working for a while but now when i switch it on, the LED light is flashing red then blue constantly and wont connect to my computer. Bought another wire and that doesn't work either. How can i get it back ? Close to tears i am !!

Advertisement