Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare -> Pembroke -> Cardiff -> Plymouth

Options
  • 22-04-2009 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

Going on a bit of a road trip this weekend.
    Rosslare to Cardiff Friday, down to to Plymouth Saturday and back to Pembroke Sunday for the Ferry.
    In a regular saloon, so not a motorhome, but I reckon this is the place to ask. The purpose of this thread: Anything I should be wary of? Anythig you wish you knew before you went? So far, I know I'll need the toll in cash, (£5.40) for the M4 or M48 across the either of the Severn bridges into wales, but the way back as far as I am aware.
    Anything else I should be aware of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Remember they drive on the left over there;)Its the norm to indicate on roundabouts too,unlike here:D
    Enjoy your trip,its a few miles to drive for a couple of nights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Cheers. I reckon it's straight forward enough.
    I've a few people with me that can drive, so it's not all on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

They also have road signs in units like "375 yards" and "1/4 mile" - always strikes me as quaint when I see them - as if the difference betwen 375 yards and 350 yards was worth noting instead of just saying "Roadworks ahead"

Not that we exactly have wonderful signs over here. There's still a diversion sign stuck up on the N11 near Galloping Green from when the M50 was being built as far as I can tell. Diversion is long, long, long gone.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

zagmund wrote: »

Not that we exactly have wonderful signs over here. There's still a diversion sign stuck up on the N11 near Galloping Green from when the M50 was being built as far as I can tell. Diversion is long, long, long gone.

z

Thats nothing! They have erected loads of diversion signs further down the N11 in Wicklow and wrapped them all in green plastic. The idea seems to be that if they ever have to divert the traffic all that needs to be done is for someone to go out and unwrap the correct signs.
    You could'nt make it up!!

Advertisement