Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skeptics in the Pub

Options
  • 22-04-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Dear Skeptics,
    As you may know Skeptics in the Pub is not a new idea and was started by Dr Scott Campbell in 1999 for all those interested in the bizarre and the rational approach to extraordinary claims. Basically a guest lecturer will be brought in every month to speak on a specific topic, i.e. Homeopathy, Faith healing, Ghosts, Magick, Religion, Astrology, Evolution denial, Numerology, Conspiracy theories, Holocaust denial, Moon landing denial, UFO's, etc.
    We currently have a venue in Galway city to host the events, hopefully once every month, or possibly every two depending on numbers. We are currently in the process of feeling out the kind of numbers we could expect to show up at an event like this, we would probably need in the region of thirty or forty to make it viable.
    As well as being able to listen to whomever is lecturing this would provide a great forum for those of a rational and inquiring mind to get together and share both ideas and a few beers.
    I would ask you to post whether this would appeal to you and please be as honest as possible as to whether you would be sure to turn up, turn up occasionally, would not be interested or whether the LOCATION simply does not suit as we are aware this would prove a genuine bar to a lot of people. I would also ask you to specify what day of the week would prove most suitable to you.

Thanking You,
    Skeptics in the Pub, Galway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I'd love to go but I'm Dublin/Maynooth based unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

i dont believe this idea could possibly work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭filament

why not?

Advertisement