Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC cable modem issue flash DS light

Options
  • 21-04-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

As it says in the title.
    No luck connecting tonight - not getting a ip address so I rebooted the UPC cable modem and now all i have is the power light and a flashing DS light.
    I've tried leaving it unplugged for several minutes.
    DTV working fine, all cables connected fine.
    Any thoughts?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm having a similar issue with my broadband. The online light isnt on, and i cant get a connection (TV is also not working). Rang UPC and they said that they will have to get a technician out to look at it. Only problem is that the only time they have available before next Wednesday is Thursday between 1pm-5pm....is anyone ever available at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I'd make myself available if it mattered that much to me I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

checked it this morning and all working again - very strange indeed - maybe they were doing upgrades on the network but it was flashing like that for over an hour before I gave up.

Best of luck with the tech.

It was trying to lock the Downstream Frequency hence the flashing, which was probably cut due to the upgrades as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭greep

Try1ng wrote: »
    As it says in the title.
    No luck connecting tonight - not getting a ip address so I rebooted the UPC cable modem and now all i have is the power light and a flashing DS light.
    I've tried leaving it unplugged for several minutes.
    DTV working fine, all cables connected fine.
    Any thoughts?

My friend is having the same problem now...
    Do you know what caused the problem in your case?
    Was the broadband off only for 1 evening?

Any help/info really appreciated.

(I rang tech support and they are sending a technician in a couple of days)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

Exact same problem for me. Flashing Ds light - but tv is working fine. Maybe modem itself is broken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 kevin.downey

UPC support was unavailable full stop, the recorded voice on the phone told me so, so I know.

The premium line is 95 cent per minute.

Anyway, taking out the card cleaning it and reinserting it after about 10 seconds did the trick....

I am suprised, that the Upc website doesnt provide more information on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Did you register an account just to say something completely irrelevant on a year old topic? This defies logic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement