Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juno-D how to get a Split Keyboard

Options
  • 21-04-2009 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes ...... I've a Juno-D and for the life of me cannot get the split keyboard to work ... for example a bass sound on the left part and strings on the right (or for that matter strings on the left and piano on the right). I've trawled the internet for a few hours last night, spent a few hours today going through the manual but with no success. Anyone out there with technical knowledge that can speak in layman's (that's me) terms? Would be worth a few pints for a successful outcome! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Sorry not to answer your question, but im thinking of getting a Juno D for my first keyboard. Would you recommend it for a total beginner? And hopefully it has a split keyboard function:D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

Hi Neo,
    Sorry you can't help me out with my question. I'm sure there must be dozens of people out there with the knowledge I'm desperately in need of.
    Now to answer your question regarding first keyboard. This would depend on a lot of factors so I'd need to know if you can play already, if you had used a piano such as an upright, how much you intend to spend, what size (as in number of keys) you're looking for and what do you intend doing with the keyboard as in gigging or hooking up to a PC. You could go down the road of getting a controller with a sound module or linking the controller to a PC. You could get a simple cheap yamaha or go for a more expensive keyboard with lots of sounds. As you can tell I'm probably not the best person to advise you but I'll try so far and let some of the more experienced take it from there.
    cheers
    joeswatch

Thanks. Ive never played a piano before. I just want a keyboard with a nice piano and strings sound. But one where you can change the sound around a bit. As for number of keys id like to be able to sit down at a piano and play so maybe something juno d size wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

Well I see nothing wrong with getting the juno-D. If you've an amp to plug it into (even a micro cube would do) and the cash to buy it then go for it. Maybe try a music store, look around at the various keyboards first. Best of luck in your venture!

I do have a microcube so would use that. thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement