Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Arann - Free onward Baggage Allowance

Options
  • 21-04-2009 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

FREE - Onwards Baggage Allowance to the U.S., Europe, Asia & Australia

I'm not entirely sure how this works and the Aer Arann site aren't sharing either.

I got an email saying the following:

Terms and Conditions

Checked in luggage allowance 15 kg per passenger. Hand luggage allowance 7kg per passenger. Excess baggage charged at 8 EUR/6.50 GBP per kg. Aer Arann will honour connecting airline baggage allowances with proof of onward travel on the same day including printed itinerary or ticket stating baggage allowance.

So, I'm assuming that if I fly to Dublin, with a huge suitcase (which is the norm..), then get a connecting flight with Ryanair/whoever, Aer Arann will cover the cost of baggage. Aer Arann themselves don't charge extra for baggage over 22kg.

That appears to be the case (hehe), so it could be worth the cost of an Aer Arann flight, which are generally really cheap.

www.aerarann.com

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Eh - no

They will allow you to bring the same weight as the connecting flight on their flight free of charge

Eg you are going from cork to dublin to New york

the DUB NY flight has a 20 kg allowace - Are arann will allow you 20 kg instead of the standard 15 for free

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

My understanding of this would be if you held an onwards ticket which entitled you to check 2 pieces at say 23kgs each, Aer Arran wouldn't charge you for the excess after 15kgs for their flight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

My understanding of this would be if you held an onwards ticket which entitled you to check 2 pieces at say 23kgs each, Aer Arran wouldn't charge you for the excess after 15kgs for their flight

Of course. Now I've read the T&Cs this is perfectly clear... :o

I'll PM a mod to lock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Locked as per TMB's request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement