Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't open any poker sites???

Options
  • 21-04-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭

Unable to open any sites. Have tried Stars, Ladbrokes, Boyle and Bruce and i get messages saying...internet connectivity problem, serever problem etc but my internet connection is fine?> never saw this before. Anyone??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

What is the exact error you're getting, and who's your ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

fatguy wrote: »
    What is the exact error you're getting, and who's your ISP?

Eircom.

Boylepoker - Cannot contact the gaming server. Please check your Internet connection and try again. You can only continue in Offline mode.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Stars - Internet connectivity problem

Bruce - Patch Failed. Connection with ther server could not be established

• Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

New antivirus software by any chance?

New firewall?

I'd say its as simple as going into your firewall or antivirus program and making sure they are allowed to connect to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

eagle eye wrote: »
    New antivirus software by any chance?

New firewall?

I'd say its as simple as going into your firewall or antivirus program and making sure they are allowed to connect to the internet.

No didnt install anything new. How exactly can i do what you say. I've tried but no luck. I'm a bit thick techy speaking:o

• Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What type of system have you vista or xp? If its a mac I don't know anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Eircom.

Boylepoker - Cannot contact the gaming server. Please check your Internet connection and try again. You can only continue in Offline mode.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ya I'm gettin the same thing too,I allowed it through my firewall so thats not it.
    My partypoker one is working so i dunno??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

No probs to report here using Eircom..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭theGIANT

Perrin wrote: »
    Ya I'm gettin the same thing too,I allowed it through my firewall so thats not it.
    My partypoker one is working so i dunno??

Had that sort of problem earlier.Could use poker site but internet websites wouldnt work.must be some sort of problem in the west!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

Firewall blocking the sites is the most likely cause. Check you firewalls blocked site or something similar in naming.

Second thing I would recommend is to download SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY and do a scan for viruses.

Third, Do you have a local router? And if so was anyone messing around with it lately? Could have messed up some settings if they were or purposely blocked them to pi** you off.

Advertisement