Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Life on the college computers.

Options
  • 21-04-2009 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭

Anyone checked it out?

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Second life? As in the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Yeah!

Had to join today for a course assignment ...

Some people take it waaay too seriously - this moderator in Dublin barred a friend of mine for taking off his VIRTUAL clothing :s

Then I got barred too, for asking why she took offence to virtual body parts hanging out!
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

How do you get on it?

Umm, as far as I know, it's downloaded on most of the college computers...

You just get an account on Second Life on the website, then log in when the programme opens up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Umm, as far as I know, it's downloaded on most of the college computers...

You just get an account on Second Life on the website, then log in when the programme opens up...

We don't have it in any of our labs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

no wonder the computers take so ****ing long to start up,they have this crap running on them,programs like these should be request only so they dont waste space on the rest of our accounts,it takes 5 minutes to load my computer,the it in the college is useless in college,they dont even support external emails. Ugh now im just turning this into a rant :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

rejkin wrote: »
    the it in the college is useless in college,they dont even support external emails. Ugh now im just turning this into a rant :mad:

Various serious student related reasons for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Bryn wrote: »
    We don't have it in any of our labs!

It's a part of a course so it's on the PC's in the labs that course has access to rather than on all the PC's

I'm not sure why it's part of my course, it's a bizarre programme!

Yer man came into us and told us to set up accounts, weren't even given the option of choosing whether we wanted to sign up or not.

I'd much rather play Sims ;)

Advertisement