Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We want to go surfing in Spain/Portugal/France

Options
  • 21-04-2009 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi All,
    A group of about 7 of us want to go somewhere towards the end of Aug where we will be able to rent a villa pref w/ pool, have bbq's and go surfing. Not much to ask!!

We had initially thought of France but have been thinking Spain/Portugal might be a cheaper option.

Has anyone done a similar holiday recently that might be able to give some suggestions where to go & stay?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

Spain/Portugal are definately cheaper than france. Have been to Eirceira in Portugal and its a cool town with real good surf. Easy to get too as its about an hour from lisbon. An hour further north brings you to peniche which is also really nice town with again good surf, good nightlife.

As for Spain, been to san sebastian, and that general coastline which is cheap, fun and really beautiful. San sebastian is a city but is really nice. The main surf beacj is real busy though but the nightlife is great. The further west you go from here the less busy it gets and the surf is still good. You are going in summer though and could get no surf but we were in north of spain last august and surfed 8 out of ten days with onje reslly good day.

France is most expensive but still rocks. If you stay away from hossegor/biarritz/lacanau it will be less busy and cheaper but these places are good fun. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

i would defo recomend Ericeira in port. Lovley lttle town, great resaraunts and the nightlife aint too bad. Your only an hour from lisbon if ya fancy a crazy night out. Best thing is there are loads of good spots to surf from begginner to pro within a few miles of the town.

can i come too??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 iPLOD

thanks for that. i reckon i'll try to get Portugal sorted. going to have a look for accom & flights this weekend.

roll on the summer

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

hey, i have checked most of portugal out for surf spots. and found Ericeira to have the best reef but its is very crowded at low season. i though badel which is north of supertubes (google supertubes) to be perect. cheaper than dirt and with two different but perect beach breaks and all that good european buzz of bars on the beach etc.

i have only been to france once, i loved it(is not cheap). the surf/people were great, athough there was more surfing done in portugual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

can i go as well? i am in the west today and i hope i can find a break which is working...damn wind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RachMurph

Hey, we had the same dilemma last year and ended up going to Ericeira in Portugal. Got lessons and accommodation from surf holidays. Stay in the ecolodges, they are really cool, no exaggeration - pool, bbq, bar, wine cellar, mini cinema all a few hundred metres from town. Really inexpensive and the town is too - seems like it never went crazy with prices like here!
    Its quite a small townbut good fun. We surfed on Foz do Lizandro beach and santa cruz most of the time, and went to peniche. perfect for beg/intermediate.

Advertisement