Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why oh why did i sign a contract with 3?

Options
  • 21-04-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now I'm in Maynooth, an area which *should* have proper coverage and I can't even load the Google home page. Had to go into college just to check my emails.

It's not the first time I've had issues... but for the last week I've had worse and worse service to the point that I can't keep an MSN conversation going when I used to get 5 bars coverage! It's worse than dialup!

Now I believe in honoring contracts which is why I stuck with 3 for so long even with all the problems they've had - but now I am seriously considering ditching it.

I know the technological limitations of midband so I don't expect 3 to provide the speeds of broadband - I'm not dumb - but I expect a minimum service which is stable and will at least let me get my emails and web browsing done so I can do my college work without traipsing into campus just to use the internet.

Honestly, is that too much to ask? It's not like I'm in an NBS area where there's no coverage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LoadedNapalm

Fairly dodgy crowd alright!

One of mates was in a similar situation. When he tried getting out of the contract with 6 months remaining they wouldn't let him unless he paid them.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Thats the problem.

I could take them on over it but I do think I'd be wasting my time. I do intend to complain to the relevant bodies but I expect nothing to come of it.

One thing is for sure - if I have to honour the contract for the full 18 months, I will be taking my business elsewhere the moment it is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IrelandOffline > Midband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Seems even more ridiculous that the government awarded these jokers the National Broadband Scheme.

Coming soon to a dial up area near you.

Advertisement