Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to rent hall or large room dublin northside?

Options
  • 21-04-2009 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hi

my friend and i are the co-founders of an arts and crafts camp for kids and we are hoping to rent a hall/or a large room for the month of july but we are having great difficulty getting a place. would anyone have any suggestions?

we need to rent a place that has public liability insurance as no insurance company that we have rang are willing to give us public liability insurance for one month. we rang alliance whom everyone recommended but to no avail.

hope you all can help and hope ive post this in the correct forum!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Try some of the community halls. They rent out rooms and halls for short periods of time. I know the one local to me does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

try the schools,lots of them will have empty halls and mobiles ,prefabs etc that will all be lying empty over the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I would also try gaa clubs and try quinnfor your pl insurance, even if they only do a year you can pay by the month and cancel at the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Yellowhill

Hi,
    You could try Le Cheile centre in Donnycarney. Their number is 01 – 832 9676
    Weblink here - http://www.dcyc.ie/room.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

schools and community centres might be best insurance wise since they will already be kitted out for little fcukers children running around

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many school halls are used throughout the summer, I know ours is for our own summer programmes and local community stuff as well as for the sports groups and clubs that use it all year round.
    You may have left it a bit late for this year, but get ringing schools tomorrow. Ring the local council too.

Advertisement