Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing help?

Options
  • 21-04-2009 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm a intern just starting in a new job. My main task is to get the word out there about the website on the internet. I have been trying to think outside the box but I could use a little help. Any advise would be appreciated while also making me look good to my bosses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Hi Anna,

It depends what the website and industry is?

I'm assuming you've zero budget as well?

How are you currently measuring/tracking website traffic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Anna Kelly

Well we are trying to test how well the site wiil do by blogging, the power of blogging lets say.

Check out the site http://www.loopthing.com/. Let me know what you think.

I'm just the intern so the measuring and tracking is not my area. They tell me they know exactly whats going on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Could ask the companies who have taken a slot to do a little news post on their own site / method of communication with customers saying "Follow x on LoopThing.com". Did it myself (as the company) for another site when we were listed. May sign-up too...

Seems like quite a low uptake in 2 years though. Also, I would have filed "Games" under entertainment rather than I.T. :)

🤪

Cool, thanks Sabre. We only went live this week so give us some time. We could amaze you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Anna Kelly wrote: »
    Cool, thanks Sabre. We only went live this week so give us some time. We could amaze you.

Ah sorry, took it from the company founding in 2007 :) Just goes to show that you should never assume!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tav

Hi Anna,

I really like the idea of the website and probably will start using it but can you tell me if there is a way to exchange information between listed companies? e.g. i will find a company which looks interesting from marketing point of view and would like to approach them regarding collaboration?

Well you can leave them a comment or send them a direct message. It might be a good feature to add later. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Alcatel

Anna,

I think that until your site becomes The Next Big Thing (and there's a few business-related social networking sites putting for my attention atm, and I'm using none while I wait for a clear leader) you need to grab people more when they get onto the front page.

Case in point, I arrived and was asked to sign up from the get go. Sign up to what? Except you asked me to take a look for a specific reason, I don't care and I'd be off in a jiffy ;-) The site needs to explain itself better on its own ground, let alone elsewhere.

If you are going into social blogging, twitter and the like, make it useful! Content that's useful in your area - keep a very tight focus to what you talk about and go really in depth on it. Easier said than done, but it will reap rewards. Have good content and people will link to it...

Another case in point, over on the politics forum there was a link to the blog of an economist working for Daft.ie, who was talking about teachers pay in quite a deep way - see http://ronanlyons.wordpress.com/2009/04/20/tackling-the-thorny-issue-of-teachers-pay/

The content was good (why it was linked in the first place!) and so I looked at the rest of the blog, liked it, and it's now in my RSS feeds.

Don't just run out there flashing your name all over hoping to get attention. Engage people in a discussion. Whether you intended it or not, you've gained viewers from this conversation who could be converted into customers. How? You engaged a conversation

Advertisement