Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Godfather Trilogy: The Coppola Restoration (Blu-ray) - 3 Disc Set - €26 delivered

Options
  • 21-04-2009 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

10076_a.jpg
    Buy it @ BangCD.com
    Description:

The UK release of The Godfather Trilogy: The Coppola Restoration features:

The Godfather: (1972)

Considered by many to be the greatest movie ever made, Francis Ford Coppola's epic masterpiece features Oscar winner Marlon Brando as the head of the Corleone family. Coppola paints a chilling portrait of a Sicilian family's rise and near fall from power in America, and the passage of rites from a father to a son who was previously uninvolved in the business.

Godfather Part II: (1974)

The Godfather Part II is one of the rare breed of cinematic sequels which is as good as, and perhaps better than, the original. Al Pacino heads the star cast as Michael Corleone, heir to the criminal empire established by his Mafioso father, the late Don Corleone.

Michael is now in charge of all gambling activities in Nevada, making certain that any and all political or mob enemies are quickly bought off, compromised, or disposed of. Throughout the film, Michael's travails are paralleled with the early experiences of his father, played in flashbacks by Robert DeNiro.

The Godfather III: (1990)

In the final instalment of the Godfather Trilogy, an aging Don Michael Corleone seeks to legitimise his crime family's interests and remove himself from the violent underworld.

Now in his sixties, Michael is dominated by two passions: freeing his family from crime, and finding a suitable successor. That successor could be fiery Vincent (Andy Garcia)... but he may also be the spark that turns Michael's hopes of business legitimacy into an inferno of mob violence.

Special Features:

* The Godfather feature film
    * Commentary by director Francis Ford Coppola
    * The Godfather, Part II feature film
    * The Godfather, Part III feature film
    * Godfather World (HD)
    * The Masterpiece That Almost Wasn’t (HD)
    * …when the shooting stopped (HD)
    * Emulsional Rescue—Revealing The Godfather (HD)
    * The Godfather on the Red Carpet (HD)
    * Four Short Films on The Godfather
    o The Godfather vs. The Godfather, Part II (HD)
    o Cannoli (HD)
    o Riffing on the Riffing (HD)
    o Clemenza (HD)
    * The Family Tree
    * Crime Organization Chart
    * Connie and Carlo’s Wedding Album
    * 2001 DVD Archive:
    o Behind the Scenes
    o The Godfather Family: A Look Inside
    o On Location
    o Francis Coppola’s Notebook
    o The Music of the Godfather
    o Coppola & Puzo on Screenwriting
    o Gordon Willis on Cinematography
    o Storyboards from The Godfather, Part II
    o Storyboards from The Godfather, Part III
    o The Godfather Behind the Scenes 1971
    o The Filmmakers
    + Francis Ford Coppola
    + Mario Puzo
    + Gordon Willis
    + Dean Tavoularis
    + Nino Rota
    + Carmine Coppola
    o Additional Scenes
    o Acclaim & Response
    o Trailers (HD)
    o Photo Gallery
    o Rogues’ Gallery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's a good transfer too.. in case anyone is interested!

Review here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

You made me an offer I can't refuse.... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

just said yesterday to a friend this is one i'd really want to pick up. cheers basque.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Just ordered, thanks for the heads up Basquille!
    The three Bourne blu-rays are nice and cheap on that site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I must stop looking at Bargain Alerts..

Couldnt help myself - had to buy this..

Cheers OP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

I got this at full price when it came out.
    Fully restored audio and video, cracking transfer using all 50GB of Blu-Ray.
    Unmissable at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Thanks basquille, really appreciate your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Cheers op, cdwow canceled 6/8 of my orders, one of them being this! gonna send this to cdwow everyday for a month,bad ba$tards!

Michael Corleone: "I'll change; I'll change. I've learned that I have the strength to change"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Did anyone order and actually receive this? I ordered on 23rd April and no sign of the Blurays yet. I emailed BangCD 2 weeks back and they told me it wasn't in stick yet.

Then today I tried emailing them again [custsuppt@bangcd.com], and the email bounced back immediately saying unable to deliver to that email address :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

I didn't actually order these Godfather Blu-Rays but I have ordered stock (The Wire boxsets) from Bang CD in the past and it has taken quite a while to arrive.

However, it did arrive eventually and I'm not aware of hearing any negative feedback about the site (aside from perhaps not being the greatest at informing you when something is due back in stock!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

jArgHA wrote: »
    Did anyone order and actually receive this? I ordered on 23rd April and no sign of the Blurays yet. I emailed BangCD 2 weeks back and they told me it wasn't in stick yet.

and the price is now €30.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Then today I tried emailing them again [custsuppt@bangcd.com], and the email bounced back immediately saying unable to deliver to that email address :(

Their address is in Singapore. They send you eBay/PayPal phishing emails with links and take your money!

Their delivery service has gotten mixed reviews, some deliveries taking up to 3 months others being 3 days.

They are EXTREMELY similar to CD WOW. When you receive your items the packaging is identical to CD WOW.

Apparently they also buy your email address from CD WOW.

You cannot email these people back however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 xcrieve

Excellent

I haven't received mine yet either.

This is the reply I got:

Hi

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to inform you that our supplier is unable to advise the delivery schedule for the above title at this point in time.

Hence, if due to the delay in dispatch you would prefer to cancel your order and receive a refund, please let us know and we shall action your request accordingly.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Regards

Ruoxin - Customer Support

www.BangCD.com

I got the same response 3 weeks ago! You would think in 3 weeks the suppliers might have gotten their fingers out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

branners69 wrote: »
    I got the same response 3 weeks ago! You would think in 3 weeks the suppliers might have gotten their fingers out!

It's in Singapore. Delivery here would be a lot slower than in the UK because of mail flights etc.

Kurtza wrote: »
    It's in Singapore. Delivery here would be a lot slower than in the UK because of mail flights etc.

The suppliers delivery or delivery to me?

I ordered 4 seasons of The Wire on a Thursday and I start got the first season on the following Wednesday, a week after that I had all 4 seasons!

still haven't received mine either!

Thanks for the updates, I got the same email reply 3 weeks back that someone else posted above. I guess its a waiting game, I'm willing to give them another while before I'll cancel the order and ask for a refund.

Thanks for the updates, I got the same email reply 3 weeks back that someone else posted above. I guess its a waiting game, I'm willing to give them another while before I'll cancel the order and ask for a refund.

+1

At least there are a few of us so we wont forget!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Kurtza wrote: »

Not necessarily. I got a Blu-ray from CD that I ordered last Friday morning today (Wednesday), from Hong Kong and I got a season of The Wire from Bang CD within a five postal days of ordering and that was sent from Singapore.

The speed of postage once an item is sent is suprisingly rapid, it's just that Bang CD sometimes do not dispatch the item quickly because they don't have immediate stock.

Incidently, the same sort of thing happened with The Wire seasons on Bang CD a few months back, so I'd say preserve with them if you don't mind waiting as they will invariably come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

I ordered on the 22nd April and they arrived about two weeks ago.
    Obviously I'm in the minority here.

Edit: Just had a look back through my mails and there's an order shipped one from the 7th May. Once they ship, they get here pretty quick so.

I got an email earlier today to say my order had been shipped and to allow 7 days for delivery!

I had forgotten all about it so hopefully others waiting will get the same email.

branners69 wrote: »
    I got an email earlier today to say my order had been shipped and to allow 7 days for delivery!

I had forgotten all about it so hopefully others waiting will get the same email.

same here..

I had forgotten about it as well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stevej

"Never let anyone outside the family know what you're thinking!" :p

Feck - I cancelled my order about a week ago because I was sick of waiting, I guess I should have waited that extra week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

Paymet failed....it dosnt like my address

what did you guys put in for Post code?

I have the issue buying from Steam. pain in the @ss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stevej

Stevo105 wrote: »
    Paymet failed....it dosnt like my address

what did you guys put in for Post code?

I have the issue buying from Steam. pain in the @ss

throw in your county like "Co Dublin" etc. Doesn't matter if it comes up twice the postie will know

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

No thats not my issue..

Your Visa card is linked to your Address

My payment failed because it didnt like my address and i cant leave the Post code blank

• Advertisement

Finally got this today, now to get down and watch them in full.

Horrific service from bang cd though, was May when I ordered.

Still a good offer I suppose . . .

Advertisement