Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Kerry this weekend?

Options
  • 21-04-2009 1:51am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm going down to Connies on Friday... anyone else going?

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

I hope I have position on you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

To save time, do you two(and anyone else who's going) just want to hand me €250 and then we can get an early start on the beer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    To save time, do you two(and anyone else who's going) just want to hand me €250 and then we can get an early start on the beer?

hmm no,its a poker tournament not a raffle Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Im 80% going, thoughts of the drive is killing me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

mdwexford wrote: »
    Im 80% going, thoughts of the drive is killing me though.

What drive you tulip, I'm driving you'll just be sitting there moaning, are we there yet are we there yet

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Everyone knows my thoughts on deal making but Nicky, I hope it gets to us heads up on the final... don't even ask :p

(Actually this will be my first return to serious tournament play after a good 6 months off so if I make the final *day* I'll be relatively pleased :) )

Looking forward to it now... I'm gonna get the midday/afternoon train to Kilarney if anyone is training it.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Everyone knows my thoughts on deal making but Nicky, I hope it gets to us heads up on the final... don't even ask :p

(Actually this will be my first return to serious tournament play after a good 6 months off so if I make the final *day* I'll be relatively pleased :) )

Looking forward to it now... I'm gonna get the midday/afternoon train to Kilarney if anyone is training it.

DeV.

How about a last longest Dev, if you lose i get your boards account for 24 hours, id nearly wager anything against that:p

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm hoping to go, but it depends if there is room on the Friday for someone who only registered their interest a lot late.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

How about a last longest Dev, if you lose i get your boards account for 24 hours, id nearly wager anything against that:p

Sure!! I'll just de-admin myself for the 24 hours first and then tell all the mods to site ban me.

how about you put up ooh, say 10k for your side?? :)

DeV.

Theres a 1pm train which gets in at 4:30 in time for the 6pm kick off. The next one arrives at 6:30.

DeV.
    <sudden thought> Should this be in the Tournie/Events forum? Mods feel free to move if other travel-organisation threads have been there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭gigetheman

What drive you tulip, I'm driving you'll just be sitting there moaning, are we there yet are we there yet

atleast youll have some-one to keep you awake on your travels richie

DeVore wrote: »
    Sure!! I'll just de-admin myself for the 24 hours first and then tell all the mods to site ban me.

how about you put up ooh, say 10k for your side?? :)

DeV.

The DeVore account with no power = $25 and only cause I could pm mods and scare the **** outta them.

The DeVore account with full powers > 10k imo:p

I'd actually settle for you making me a mod of the Horse Racing Forum, it needs one

Are most people that are going staying in the Eviston House Hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

5starpool wrote: »
    Are most people that are going staying in the Eviston House Hotel?
    Bllox still haven't booked any room:o
    Thanks for reminder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

are all boardsies playing the friday night? Im down for the thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

I'm driving from Cork on thursday for 1a and returning that night if anyone needs a lift I have 3 seats available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

im driving down from galway friday morning & staying in the eviston for 3 nights but its possible il head home sunday if i run horribly , looking forward to a great weekend :)

In typically Irish fashion, the Eviston house hotel is no longer available for a 3 night stay, Fri-Sun. However, I was able to book into the Eviston for Fri and Sat, and then into the Eviston on Sunday night.

So to summarise, I could not book a 3 night stay in the hotel, but I could book a 2 night stay, followed directly by a one night stay in the same hotel.

Isn't Ireland brilliant. I could just have rang them I guess, but I prefer communicating with machines rather than people to be honest.

Not to decide whether to drive or go on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

5Star: You'll probably have to move rooms on Sunday morning then.

Better than moving hotels I guess. Figured that might be necessary, but could be worse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement