Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Poker

Options
  • 20-04-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

So does anyone on here play on party poker?

I know that before it pulled out of US market that it was renowned as being very fishy.

Does anyone know the standard of play at present?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I play there alot. From my experience of playing on alot of sites its the fishiest of the lot, especially at micro / low stakes. ( Cash )

SNGS are also full of fish typically, its very easy to finish in the money in 100 dollar buyins, there also offer double or nothing sit n goes.

If you looking for the softest games party is definately it, but beware, there bonuses at micro stakes are shockingly terrible, and they dont offer any rakeback, but because of the amount of fish, i only play my poker there.

During the day theres a good weak players but come the evening / night it just swarms up!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johnster

Thanks Nuxxx.

Just started playing again so only at $25nl at the moment. Don't really play SNG's but will keep an eye on them if I ever do.

Do the bonuses get better when you move up levels or are they just bad in general. I was planning on building the BR a bit more, to say 1k($350 at moment), and then moving some $$ there and playing the $50nl's.

No problems with software?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Johnster wrote: »
    Thanks Nuxxx.

Just started playing again so only at $25nl at the moment. Don't really play SNG's but will keep an eye on them if I ever do.

Do the bonuses get better when you move up levels or are they just bad in general. I was planning on building the BR a bit more, to say 1k($350 at moment), and then moving some $$ there and playing the $50nl's.

No problems with software?

Thanks.

The software used to be awful (stopped playing there), supposed to be better now(thinking of starting again)

If you dont go on the site for 6 months they send you "we are docking $5 from your account emails":confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johnster

elshambo wrote: »

If you dont go on the site for 6 months they send you "we are docking $5 from your account emails":confused:

Are you kidding??? :eek::eek: That is shocking. So the incentive to play there is that they won't dock funds from your account.:confused: Jeez thats really nice of them.

I got a few emails from other Poker rooms saying that there were bonus funds in my account if I come back to play.

I won't be leaving funds in party account if I do go back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Are you kidding??? :eek::eek: That is shocking. So the incentive to play there is that they won't dock funds from your account.:confused: Jeez thats really nice of them.

I got a few emails from other Poker rooms saying that there were bonus funds in my account if I come back to play.

Lol, that's nothing. One site I had money on confiscated my whole balance after 18 months inactivity. I got it back though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jpr1973

what site pray tell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

I sent them an email asking would they like me to write to the papers pointing out that they were pressuring people INTO gambling + would they like a letter off my solicitor asking them to expalin themselves:D

Got the money back
    +an apol

+a warning about how to avoid it happening again:confused:
    basically going back on there own apology

+about a week later ANOTHER email warning me about not using my account:mad::confused:

Idiots!!! at best imo

Advertisement