Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replica alloy wheels

Options
  • 20-04-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for a set of replica 18" alloy wheels with tyres for my MK5 Golf GTI

Could anyone recommend somewhere around Dublin that might have these in stock?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Not sure about Dublin but East Coast Alloys in Ardee are usually good for replicas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

why would you put replica wheels on that, and replicas of what anyway?

most reps will come with rubbish tyres aswell

on any relatively quick car its a recipe for disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭carrollmark

Cyrus wrote: »
    why would you put replica wheels on that, and replicas of what anyway?

most reps will come with rubbish tyres aswell

on any relatively quick car its a recipe for disaster

I'm putting replicas of the originals on for a few reasons.

Firstly I dont intend keeping the car for too much longer.

However, three of the wheels are badly kerbed ... don't ask ... and the tyres need replacing anyway.

Got a bubble on the sidewall of one of them earlier today which has made it more urgent.

No intention of putting tacky wheels on it

fair enough

if you are trading it in maybe it wont be an issue but if you intend on selling it privately it wont look good, nor will crummy tyres

id try and get a second hand set of genuine ones

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭carrollmark

Cyrus wrote: »
    fair enough

if you are trading it in maybe it wont be an issue but if you intend on selling it privately it wont look good, nor will crummy tyres

id try and get a second hand set of genuine ones

I need to get them asap though ... doubt I'll source a set that quick

• Advertisement

im sure they come up on ebay,

up to you what you do, but if you are selling privately (and its hard enough at the minute) it will put a lot of people right off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

They have GTI replicas with tyres starting from 850 on http://www.alloy-wheels.ie/vwrep.html They sponsor www.vagdrivers.net and some of the lads there are very happy with their stuff.

Advertisement