Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correcting Mock papers???

Options
  • 20-04-2009 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

How does one go about finding work correcting pre/mock J cert and L cert exam papers?? I'm studying English and Theology and would love the experience and the extra cash. Also, must one be a qualified teacher in order to correct actual state exam papers?? Thanks guys

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How does one go about finding work correcting pre/mock J cert and L cert exam papers?? I'm studying English and Theology and would love the experience and the extra cash. Also, must one be a qualified teacher in order to correct actual state exam papers?? Thanks guys

Re the mocks, contact the commercial companies that make the papers (Examcraft, Dublin Examining Board). They are nothing to do with the SEC.

Re the SEC exams, there are non-teachers that correct but preference will generally be given to teachers, if they apply. The application forms usually arrive in schools shortly after the Hallowe'en break.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

just to add to what spurious said about the mock papers, they take applications normally between november and january and corrections take place january- april. I've finished for this year (and the last time!) and i'd say most subjects have been wound up by now.

try contacting them towards the end of the year, i can tell you that DEB were looking for 2 years teaching experience to correct this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I have a HDip and one year's experience. DEB told me I wasn't qualified enough and Exam Craft didn't even acknowledge my application. Based on that, I'd be surprised if you got it to be honest.

Advertisement