Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to rent gear & surf (Galway to Donegal)

Options
  • 20-04-2009 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

We're heading out west for the day on Saturday.

Was thinking of heading back up to Bundoran as it is well served with rental places and decent swell but if there's a place closer I'd prefer it.

We're heading out from Tullamore. Bundoran is approx 3 hour drive.

All advice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

yeah bundoran would be a good option or perhaps strandhill. CAnt reaaly think of anywhere else closer. Both show promise for the weekend or if you like you could rent from bundoran or strandhill and head for streedagh as it may suite you better(assuming your a beginner)its a great wee spot. I should have a better idea of the waves for these areas tommorw and will put em here for ya if i remember(night out tonite)

frag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Dunno if it is any use to you now but it is illegal to rent a board in county sligo. Too dangerous or something. Closest place would be bundoran (that is if you are not heading to lahinch).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

Shane_C wrote: »
    Dunno if it is any use to you now but it is illegal to rent a board in county sligo.

:confused::confused:

Advertisement