Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Online Games Too Nitty on Stars and Full Tilt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Suited wrote: »
    http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/are-online-games-too-nitty-on-stars-and-full-tilt-1999/

Good article, interesting idea about introducing antes into Cash games

I took a break from the game and have come back recently playing tiny limits. 20 or 50 dollar buyin NL and $1/$2 limit games and its just ridiculous.

I mean limit games have always been tight but we're talking two players to the flop if it even makes it. Three players on the flop is rare and your lucky if you get one or two four handed flops in a session.

NL is'nt much better. Look through the player/flop %'s on the micro limit games, 15-20% for games at that level.

Its pretty frustrating but I imagine their are very few players now who dont know what they should be playing pre flop, add to the fact that a lot of people have three or four games on the go and its probably not surprising.

I think something has to change because if the games I am playing in are the easiest and loosest games on offer (which they should be) I dont relish moving up the limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

During off-peak hours the ability to find 6 full ring tables with table VPIP (Volume put in the pot) over $20 can be darn near impossible at the $0.50-$1 blind (or more) tables.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that as long as people like this guy can convince themselves they are winners, the games will always be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

RoundTower wrote: »
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that as long as people like this guy can convince themselves they are winners, the games will always be good.

Yeah I gave up reading after that sentence.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I remember waiting for a 6-max game in Vegas, one of the guys at the table was talking to the rest who were claiming, proudly, they would only play the top 10% of hands. He told them "grand, I'll take the the other 50%". I thought about it for a while and realised it was a serious lesson.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

rucereus? Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    April 20th, 2009 at 5:23 pm
    You didn’t sound dumb until you wrote that vpip means volume put in pot and is measured in dollars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

VPIP (Volume put in the pot) over $20
    Hang on. Isn't this Voluntarily Paid Into Pot and is measured in a percentage?

The idea of antes in cash games isn't a bad one. Certainly sites could put up tables that have this and see how they play out for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

It's something I've thought about, they'd probably be softer too on average as they'd attack the gamblors. You'd have to allow for deeper max buy ins, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭digiman

$0.5bb/1bb with $0.25bb ante and 100bbmin to 200bb max buyins would be good tables I think.

Advertisement