Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner

Options
  • 20-04-2009 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Anyone recomend a decent restaurant for a large group (16) in Kilkenny? Heading up there for the cats laugh on the saturday night and wanted to book somewhere sooner rather than later. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

There are loads of great places to eat in Kilkenny, but my favourites are:
    • Lautrec's on Kieran St.
    • Zuni on Patrick St.
    • Rinuccini on The Parade
    • Cafe Sol on William St.
    • Fleva on High St.
    • Campagne on Gashouse Lane (pricey though but delicious)
    If you google any of them you'll get contact numbers but I'd say Lautrec's and Rinuccini would be best for a big group- although Rinuccini can be soooooooo slow so if you're going to a show and stuck for time maybe give it a miss til you've more time!!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Ripleys on the butterslip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

wonky79 wrote: »
    Anyone recomend a decent restaurant for a large group (16) in Kilkenny? Heading up there for the cats laugh on the saturday night and wanted to book somewhere sooner rather than later. Cheers

For a large group its hard to beat a chinese... imho Ming Dynasty is the best in kk.... my 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

RIPLEYS.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Ripleys is one of the best Steakhouses I've been to, and I'd highly recommend it. If you fancy some tapas/wine/beer, check out my sig :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Agree, Ripleys has a great choice!

Cafe sol get the serious thumbs down from me. Went there for dinner with a friend who is vegetarian as I was told they do nice vege food. She chose a pasta dish that came plain with a bit of spinach thrown in. No sauce, oil - nothing. Bloody awful.

Chinese always good for a big group as well :) Never been to Ming Dynasty but heard great stuff about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

http://www.onlinekilkenny.com/index.php/restaurants/

Here is a list of the places you can go and their phone numbers if it is any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭wonky79

tnxs all for the gr8 suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 spezi

i personally recommend Cafe Sol, they have very good food at good value (early bird 26quid for 3 courses) and should be ok for a larger group.

wouldnt go anywhere near lautrec's - the time i went there food didnt seem freshly prepared nor did it taste any good (dried out salmon with cherry tomatoes out of a can...) that put me off forever!

rinnucini or zuni are great places too, not sure how easily you will get a group of 16 people in rinnucini (it is really small) but would definitely give it a try!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Cafe Sol used to be a favourite of mine but has slipped a lot in my estimation...
    Ripleys would be perfect for a group IMO because it has a broad menu and anytime I've eaten there it has been excellent.
    Rinuccini has another room upstairs too which makes it bigger than it looks? Very nice place too but you'd have to like Italian!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Uncle Sams on High Street do a great curry cheese chip! :D

Advertisement