Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

John Moloney Honda contract not renewed

Options
  • 20-04-2009 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Moloneys are still selling new Hondas and have the signage up, but Motorzone has been appointed main dealer for Limerick.

1. How does ICR keep getting these contracts with a track record of being transitory, particularly Motorzone? I know some marques have come, gone and been resurrected to Clareview but can't remember which. Seat springs to mind though.
    2. How long until Honda come along and force Moloneys to take down the signs?
    3. Where is there a market for a main dealership that Moloneys could take up?
    4. Who's next to break a link?
    And, they're off!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

How long until Honda come along and force Moloneys to take down the signs?
    He still has a Honda dealer website too www.johnmoloneyhonda.ie .

Where is there a market for a main dealership that Moloneys could take up?
    BMW

Obviously he will need to renevate his new(current) site or move to another new site before he has any hope of getting a new franchise.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well Pat Keogh still has BMW, MINI and Nissan websites.

http://www.patkeogh.ie/contentv3/

I'm not so sure there's a market for a BMW dealer in the Mid-West with Morrisons and Aherns close enough.

Subaru would be my own incling given that Clearys haven't put too much into promoting the brand, though Moloneys don't seem to have moved with the times either.

I'd envisage Lyons swooping on the BMW showroom to move Volvo in there possibly as that place in East Point isn't exactly a great location.

ninty9er wrote: »
    Well Pat Keogh still has BMW, MINI and Nissan websites.

http://www.patkeogh.ie/contentv3/

I'm not so sure there's a market for a BMW dealer in the Mid-West with Morrisons and Aherns close enough.
    I would imagine there would be some sort of of market for it. People can be very lazy.
    Subaru would be my own incling given that Clearys haven't put too much into promoting the brand, though Moloneys don't seem to have moved with the times either.
    Subaru never sold very well here even when Singland had the dealership. Although the diesel option might start boosting sales now.
    I'd envisage Lyons swooping on the BMW showroom to move Volvo in there possibly as that place in East Point isn't exactly a great location.

I don't know why but I taught that Tom Hogan might take it up aswell.

h3000 wrote: »
    Subaru never sold very well here even when Singland had the dealership. Although the diesel option might start boosting sales now.
    Singland was never a strong dealership outside or Land Rover anyways. There was a market for Seat that they never exploited either.
    h3000 wrote: »
    I don't know why but I taught that Tom Hogan might take it up aswell.

He's packed up and left Limerick, but as a BMW dealership...warrants further contemplation.

He's packed up and left Limerick, but as a BMW dealership...warrants further contemplation.

That place down the dock road was very shabby but I always taught it was a temp location. When he first moved I heard he bought the site of the closed Texaco station in Coonagh and was going to build a place there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Move to Limerick forum ?

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I think he'd be of his game to put Volvo in their. It wouldn't be viable, Volvo won't have the large sales that BMW/Mini had to be able to afford that place. There is a reason why Elm are gone from them, and I personally can see Volvo staying where they are for awhile yet. But you never know. Motorzone have Honda for about a week and a half/ two weeks.

I'm fairly sure John Moloney will stay in just used cars, imports and the likes. I can't see him taking on another dealership in the near future either.

Again, I don't think we'll see BMW in Limerick for awhile yet. I think something will need to be done re: the competitive market with the imports before anyone will touch them. I think it would be hard to get in and started with BMW now.

Predictions and my 2cent lol.

peasant wrote: »
    Move to Limerick forum ?

:D:D:D

Renault Newlands cross move to Dublin South:pac::pac:

Don't waste your 9,000th post replying to this....wait til 9,001:pac:

Advertisement