Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary School registration in Balbriggan

Options
  • 20-04-2009 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can register your child early (from when they are one years of age) in any of the primary schools around Balbriggan. And if anyone can recommend a good primary school?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

All the info you need for the Educate Together beside Dunnes

http://www.balbrigganetns.com/Enrolement.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

http://www.balbrigganchamber.ie/balbriggan-education.php

This is a link to the local Primary Schools from the Chamber of Commerce site - its a bit out of date though!!!

St Georges is now located on the Naul Road and there are two new schools in Castlelands - Bracken Educate Together and Gael Scoil Bhaile Brigin.

Also Balbriggan Educate Together near Dunnes, Castle Mill mentioned in the previous post. The school you pick will probably depend mainly on where you live in Balbriggan.

But put your childs name down now, dont delay. There was a crisis with school places two years ago and Bracken Educate Together had to be set up as an emergency measure then. It seems to be thriving now. I imagine there is still a lot of pressure for places in all the National Schools in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

My son was born last year. I tried to enroll him in St Peter & Paul's but they inform me that they will only accept registrations a year before enrollment. So if I want him to commence in 2013 then I need to contact them in September 2012 to ensure he is registered. They also recommended ringing them in September of every year up to 2012 to check to see if their policy has changed.

Afterward I contacted the Gaelscoil. I met with the principal and she conducted a brief interview with me to establish my commitment to education in Irish. His name is now down for the Gaelscoil and he has 3 criteria to meet before the date his name was put on the register is considered. We meet 2 of these so I'm hopeful he will get a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 steven08

Go for an interview, I would love for him to go to an Irish School. My Irish is not the strongest but I would love for him to go to an Irish School as I feel that it is important these days to know our own language.

Would you have a number for the Gael Scoil Bhaile Briggin?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

01 841 3036 - This is according to the gaelscoileanna website. HTH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Thats the wrong number, its 8416036

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

steven08 wrote: »
    Go for an interview, I would love for him to go to an Irish School. My Irish is not the strongest but I would love for him to go to an Irish School as I feel that it is important these days to know our own language.

Would you have a number for the Gael Scoil Bhaile Briggin?

Many thanks

Why, its a dead language? So much effort for what in fairness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Why, its a dead language? So much effort for what in fairness?

Because its our language and it's just another language, it's not the spawn of satan like some people seem to think it is.
    I've no kids but if (hopefully when) I do, I'll be sending them to a Gaelscoil, for various reasons, top of the list being I want them to learn at a young age that it's just a language like any other, that it can be learned just like any other, and hopefully not to have this crazy prejudice that so many people have against it for no good reason. Why do anything at that rate, you won't ever use most of what you learn in school.
    Anyway that's off topic.

Advertisement