Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.1 PvP (ShadowPriest - Huzzah!)

Options
  • 20-04-2009 9:06am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Alright, people may have guessed it but I've been rampaging on for ages (both movie wise and forum wise) regarding the SPriest struggle pre-3.1 so I made it my mission to get my teeth into the patch and adapt to the changes before S6 starts (In 1-2 days time).

Even whipped together a speedy movie showing some typical PvP in AB to show most of the shiny new toys (Big ass WCM summary explains the changes and gives some pointers of what went on in the movie, seeing as I barely edited it)

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=108131

Loving it as Shadow, and it'd seem that things have balanced out relatively well 'in general', though I'm sure there are bitter tears from some people and joyous boasting from others, so what do people make of it so far?

I've not touched any of my other classes, but I can safely say that as a Shadow Priest, I'm happy as a pig in flaming **** sack of critting DoT's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Abandoned my Spriest some time ago, left him to make a new deathknight because I was essentially no longer wanted for raids.

Heard a while back there was people swetting for Spriests in raids on The Maelstrom but I do not know why, I always felt like I was that **** mate who tags along with you everywhere...

Nice to hear priests are coming back, might roll a new one on outland.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Your videos are very entertaining, could you possibly write out a rough guide for what you do when you fight each class as i am hopeless at pvp with my shadow priest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What's a shadow priest O.o Thought they were extinct.

I make them go *poof* MWAHAHAHA!!! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

awesome, cant wait to get home to watch this. my priest is pvp disc and pve shadow atm. loving the damage increase with the crits in pve but havnt tried shadow pvp yet. nice to hear its going well :)

was in arenas yesterday as a disc priest teamed with a destro warlock... faced a shadowpriest and a rogue... tore the priest down fairly quickly :( but hopefully he was just crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

How are DK doing in arena.
    Have a hunter at 80 but not to keen to try PvP with him. Was making the DK to do my pvp. Just so h8 leveling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im doing arena with a blood DK atm, its great fun to be honest.

frost dks/disc priests are doing pretty well. hadnt had much trouble with any other dks.

the dk in frost just freezes the healer (like a mage iceblock) and then swaps to the other straight away and nukes them down. really hard to beat it

Sounds good.

Anti what you playing as in the arena ? Hunter or Warrior ? or do you have more lvl 80's

Using my warrior atm. Found myself a bit to squishy against dk's and ret palas as fury or arms so im doing it as prot atm. Plus all the extra stuns work a treat. We have only done 30 or so games and doing okay for a new team not using any voice comms. I doubt we would get above the 1500 bracket

• Advertisement

I find if anyone gets in close to me when im using the hunter im dead. And trying to keep away from DK or Warrior is just so hard. This is just with 1 on 1 fights. But having real bad pvp gear mostly PvE does not help my cause of living long.

Just rolled my DK at the weekend. And just want to do some upclose fighting & have fun. Kind of tired of ranged fighting after 1 and a half years of it.

hunters hurt like hell in arena... went up against a retri pally/hunter combo, and the hunter was nasty until we swapped and slaughtered his pet and he dropped like a fly after that :) worst combo i fought atm was a fury warrior/resto shaman, or mage/elemental shaman, the first just went on forever, the second is just massive burst and good cc with hex/sheep

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ropedrink a few questions if i may.

Whats the ui your using?

I quit wow a while back but as usual it always calls me back so bare with me as ive not been following updates at all :)

My main is a priest,healed through Naxx but i always like shadow.

How are S priests for pve now?

If i went dual spec could i dps equally as good as dedicated S priest and then switch to healing and then heal as good as a dedicated holy priest?
    What im asking is do you lose out in either healing or dpsing if you go dual spec? [i think the gear is still + spell power these days?]

How are holy priests these days?

Finallly is Ulduar or whatever its called worth resubbing for?

Very nice video :)

Apart from you will be lacking silly ammounts of hit trying to dps in holy gear you should be fine, im loving my spriest atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dcully wrote: »
    How are S priests for pve now?
    In absolutely perfect conditions, they are a little behind the likes of mages and locks, but it's not enough for them to be non-viable and as usual skill makes more of a difference. Replenishment is another factor that comes into it too.
    Dcully wrote:
    If i went dual spec could i dps equally as good as dedicated S priest and then switch to healing and then heal as good as a dedicated holy priest?
    What im asking is do you lose out in either healing or dpsing if you go dual spec? [i think the gear is still + spell power these days?
    Yup, I've similar (ilvl wise) gear for both Shadow and Disc and have no problem with either. Since I'm a spacegoat, I only really need to switch out 4/5 bits to get the hit cap for bosses. It tends to be more that I dps on trash, then go back to healing for bosses though.
    Dcully wrote:
    How are holy priests these days?
    They are absolutely rocking Ulduar. Massive throughput when it comes to blanket AoE. I wouldn't be suprised if there were a few nerfs heading their way somewhere along the line.

I've had absolutley no problems with dps in pve, have topped meters quite a few times. if you can get an arcane mage to put focus magic on you for the extra crit then you will rock. i still regularly pass 4-4.5k on most boss fights in ulduar fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I would love a Shadow Priest, But Im leveling a dr00d atm.

Hopedully if I can get someone to x3 XP with me then I would get one :)

Advertisement