Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you choose a good snooker cue?

Options
  • 20-04-2009 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all..

It's not a trick question... I'm looking for a good quality cue but there's so many out there where do you start?

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Hi snookerguy, welcome to the forum, :)

It really depends on your ability, how much you're willing to spend etc. You could pay a few hundred for a cue but if you're a novice you probably wouldnt get much value from it.

It might be an idea to visit a snooker shop (eg. EJ Riley in Dublin city) where yoiu can view a range of cues and try them out on a table in-store. It is all very much so personal preference.

(PS, I have removed your posts in the other threads as they are completely off topic, thread hijacking is forbidden.)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 WSC

Hi here, If your still looking for a cue there's a site called foul4.com that has an online store with cues or drop down to the actual club in Tramore, Waterford for a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 snookerguy

Thanks for the advise. I have since my last post been down to my local snooker club to try a range of cues. It's amazing to see so many of them. A good source of snooker cue's from Peradon can be found here
    http://www.snookercuestore.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

my son is looking for a cue at the moment,a really good one(in other words expensive),I told him to go whistle for an expensive one,celticfc is right,if anyone is an novice go and look at some cues and have a try if available as mentioned above,no point rushing out and buying something that might not get used on a regular basis,I know deep down if I paid out for an expensive cue for my son he would never get value out of it,there isn't even a snooker table left in town anymore and now we have to travel:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Andyfbt

I got a really expensive que with a great weight for playing. Originally my friend owned it and I had a 30 pound que that I bought in a shop in town years ago. I got my highest break with the 30 pound que and should have kept it but my friend asked to do a straight swap and because his was worth a lot more I did. The que was won at Benson and Hedges when they had a couple of the pro players (Lee and Higgins) doing doubles with workers who had won in a draw for the right to team with them. Think the cue with the case was worth 350 with it's aluminum. Don't play snooker anymore and it's going to waste. Needs to be retipped. Would probably be willing to sell it although it's not in the aluminum case it was in at the start as my friend kept that when we swapped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭Cake Man

What weight would be regarded as a heavier cue approx lads? I'd prefer a heavier cue myself. Also, any idea of anywhere that do good, solid enough snooker/pool tables for a reasonable price? Argos have a few nice ones I suppose, would these be reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

been looking for a cue for months now found a john parris supreme cue and a stamford case... costing me 500 euro though... :(

best not tell the wife about this one :pac:

Advertisement