Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital camping satellite from Lidl

Options
  • 19-04-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Has anyone ever bought the digital satellite from Lidl. They are available next week, but i do not want to buy something that might be a load of hassle. I would appreciate all of your views on the system.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alpha10

I'd also appreciate any info anybody could share on this system i.e. channels received, picture quality etc. Thinking of installing it in a mobile in courtown (if location makes any difference). Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I think it would be ideal for a fixed installation. I have used mine on the MH around the country and the picture quality is perfect. You get the normal free to air channels, BBC's, UTV's, sky news, five etc etc plenty to watch. And it's easy to set up. I cant remember if there is a wall bracket in it for a permanant fixing. I have a feeling there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I have bought a couple of them and never have had a problem, I use them in the house though but I am sure they should be every bit as good on a MH. You just need a clear view of the sky to the East-South-East (145 Degrees on the compass I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jmu

Bessa wrote: »
    Has anyone ever bought the digital satellite from Lidl. They are available next week, but i do not want to buy something that might be a load of hassle. I would appreciate all of your views on the system.
    This unit is very good, and great value at 89.99 euros. It comes with every you will need to receive excelllent pictures. My brother brought this very unit last year,and i've been with him when set it up. Within 5 mins he was set up, and receiving all free to air channels on astra 2 satelite. You definately won't go wrong with this unit, and with alittle practice you'll find what was all the fuss all about. Remember, surrounded by trees makes reception more difficult, so watch where you park. Happy camping. jmu.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Thank you for your answers i will be at Lidl bright and early on Thursday morning to buy this system.

• Advertisement

Just to confirm that the satelite from Lidl has worked a treat in France and is now working very well in Andorra, will keep you all posted on its performance in Spain. It needs to have a clear sky ( no trees etc. directly in front of it ).Weather is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Bessa wrote: »
    Just to confirm that the satelite from Lidl has worked a treat in France and is now working very well in Andorra, will keep you all posted on its performance in Spain. It needs to have a clear sky ( no trees etc. directly in front of it ).Weather is excellent.

Good news!! Looking forward to using mine soon.

It is working well here in Spain, and the weather is very hot hot hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Turn the tv off and go have a swim or some sangria!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Bessa is probably watching the RTE news to see all the rain we were getting today and sure you need a bit of recession update just to bring you down to earth every now and then:(
    Bessa - are you in a Besacarr? What is it like? Different from others overall?
    Ok gone off the original thread now - sorry. Just getting excited about trip to France this Friday in MH :D

• Advertisement

Yes you got it in one a Bessacarrr E560 down in Spain at present, weather fantastic since we left Ireland on May 18th, not sure whether to stay another week in Cambrils Park Salou or go elsewhere. Time is on our side 6 moths to be exact or just 5 left. Its a great life away from the doom and gloom. We did not see any Irish vans yet on our travels, but maybe next month we will see some. What is the weather like at present, is it a repeat of last year, that is why we are away now, i could not take the same clouds again this year.

Just to update dish still working a treat, and its still hot hot hot, but is am not complaining here in Spain. The Germans and the Dutch would put us to shame, it takes them the guts of 12 hours to put all their bits together when they arrive on site, last thing to be done is the fairy lights on the awning, and then the flag is set a flying.

Advertisement