Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi ,ntl ,problem, nightmare, cable modem,

Options
  • 19-04-2009 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

ok i have ntl internet, its cable.

got it installed without a wireless router.

eventually wanted wireless so bought a (reccomended by NTL) netgear router

i have a 2laptops,wii, ps3, xbox360

it was only a nightmare to connect anything,

laptop number 1 would connect for a while and then drop as did laptop 2 with a usb connector to help it connect to the router.

as for the wii, ps3, xbox360, they would never work all the time, it would take multiple resets of the router to get any to eventually work.

i got a pain in my ass so i went to argos and bought a proper cable router Buffalo router which my laptops are finding a treat.

as for the consols the xbox is connected via ethernet it is fine.

ps3 is not connecting, i tried connecting every way still nothing. i tried AOSS connection which set up ok but when i test the connection it fails just like the wii.

i thought it might be a port problem. but there is no option to forward ports on the CABLE modem only on the ASDL version.

i'm pulling my hair out, all i want is a wireless solution for all.

can someone empathise.

a few years ago when i had ASDL i never had a problem.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!

BTW i've tried all the helplines (Netgear, Buffalo, NTL,)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you what is isn't.

(Presuming your ps3 is not connecting you your network, rather than not connecting to the playstation network...)

It is not ports. If you're not getting as far as the wireless router, it can't be.
    AOSS is not what you want, that's for connecting Buffalo equipment to Buffalo equipment.

Try going into the router config and changing the channel number (choose 1, 6 or 11, and not one you're already on), and try changing the security type (from WPA(AES) to WPA(TKIP) or vice versa).

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭martinburke

ok i'll try switch arround channels and encryption. but there is an AOSS setup option installed on the ps3 also on the wii.

cheers for the post.

Advertisement