Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C64 Direct to TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Yup, I bought one of those ages back but never got around to hacking it :) the big TVs of these days don't make those games look any good btw, rose tinted glasses and all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I still play a good few C64 games on the PC through C64S. Some of the games still hold really well, well at least I think they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

I never came across C64S before. Great. I just played American 3D pool, boulder dash and bubble bobble for the last hour in work:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I got one of these a good while ago. Try to play it on a smaller screen though if you can, even a 32 inch tv can make the games look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

There is also an old Atari joystick with 10 games on it, similar to the C64 one.
    I have one; it's a bit of fun but very dated:

http://www.gameswapireland.com/item/49

• Advertisement

I got one of these a good while ago. Try to play it on a smaller screen though if you can, even a 32 inch tv can make the games look bad.

Yeah, you're right. I had a bit of time to myself today so fired up Impossible mission and finished it but the display didn't look at the may west on my 42" Plasma. I'll give it a bash on my 24" monitor when I manage to clean out the study (current dumping ground) so I can get at my desktop.

Decent piece of kit though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Boulder Dash .... I love that game

Boulder Dash .... I love that game

Yeah, class game all right. I had Boulderdash IV. The title music was cool. Must break out my winamp sid plugin and have a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

The designer, Jeri Ellesworth, built these to be hacked... she even included the full Commodore BASIC rom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Great buy. Worth the money alone for winter games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you plan on playing any old games at all you really need to hunt down a smaller sized 4:3 CRT TV. 42 inch LCD/Plasma widescreen is just sillyness! :P

I have a Commadore 64 in the attic somewhere with a copy of #
    Fiendish Freddy's Big Top O'Fun in it and just cannot locate the damn thing at all.

Advertisement