Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

im looking to buy my first car

Options
  • 18-04-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

i have budget of e2000, and i was cnsidering getting a 00 wv polo or newer, or a peugeot 206.
    what do ye think of these or do you have any other suggestions.icon11.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Polo above a 206, but look for a Micra for first time insurance. Also price a Fiesta 1.25 zetec if insurance allows, thread on how good a Fiesta going on here at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd be looking for an ex-nun Starlet. you'd get a nice 98 with airbag and Power Steering for that money. Sure they're not exactly cutting edge, but they're a hoot to drive and never give trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd be looking for an ex-nun Starlet. you'd get a nice 98 with airbag and Power Steering for that money. Sure they're not exactly cutting edge, but they're a pocket rocket and never give trouble.

Edited it for ya;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

babel2 wrote: »
    i have budget of e2000, and i was cnsidering getting a 00 wv polo or newer, or a peugeot 206.
    what do ye think of these or do you have any other suggestions.icon11.gif

Something i've noticed the few times i've driven a 206 is that the pedals are ridiculously close to each other in that car.
    Near to the point of being dangerous IMO. Current Fiat Panda, same story btw..

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

For the money your talking about it has to be a Fiesta ( mk 5 1.25 zetec or above) they are plenty of clean examples around good luck !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I might be shot down for saying this but I have found the Mk2 Punto to be a fantastic little car for a learner. They are cheap, well equipped in some cases, nippy enough, and very safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

I'd go with a Toyota Starlet, import models come with Air

condition as standard, there a great little car for the money. Seen one

for sale €600 a while back, owners and it was spotless.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭babel2

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I might be shot down for saying this but I have found the Mk2 Punto to be a fantastic little car for a learner. They are cheap, well equipped in some cases, nippy enough, and very safe.

im not a learner its just i dont have a car of my own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

Have to agree with the above, a Fiesta 1.25, Starlet (bullet proof) or a Micra.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

Or if looking for a bit more room, solidity at speed...

I have a soft spot for the likes of these...
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/323/JUST-NCT/200916192503642/advert
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/323/GLX/200914192378612/advert
    ...usually a choice between aircon and sunroof (personally I prefer a sunroof).

• Advertisement
Advertisement