Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus in Prague

Options
  • 18-04-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,

I'm heading on Erasmus to Prague next year. Has anyone been there? Any advice/tips? Also, is there any possibility at all of getting a job seeing as I don't speak czech?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Yo, I'm doing an Erasmus in Olomouc next year (east Czech) and have to study Czech language as part of my modules. Just wondering has anybody been there for Erasmus or anywhere in Czech for that matter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Děkuji (thanks),
    Ben.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rose11

I spent a year in Prague as part of the erasmus programme '07-'08 and I had the time of my life. It is now my second home!:) I did a four week crash course in Czech (EILC) and would really recommend doing this if you have the option to, not only because it helped a great deal throughout the year but you make a lot of friends by doing it. It generally begins mid August.

As far as working is concerned, yes it is possible to find work in Irish pubs etc, I stayed on in Prague during the summer and found work from www.expats.cz. The pay is quite measly and I only really did it for the experience. If you are receiving a grant from your home college and staying in university accomodation there is really no need to work. Food, accommodation etc is very reasonable compared to the cost of living here.

All I can say is you will have a super, super time and I wish I could do it all again!

Cheers, it's too late for me to do the course now.
    But I'm doing most of my modules through English and I have 2 modules throughout the year in Czech so I hope I'll be fine. Also thinking of doing freelance English teaching so the TEFL will come in handy hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 poj

I am going to Charles University afor semester 2 next year, really can't wait. Don't know weather to choose student accomodation or not though :s

Booked my flights tonight!!
    Can't wait, so is anyone else going to Palachy UNI in Olomouc?
    =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 a2dg

I have the option of stuyding in prague next sept for one semister.I know it really depends on what type of lifestyle i intend on living , but just trying to get a general feel for what amount i will need for the 3/4 months. I am also considering bangkok as i know i could survive nicely and live quite well for 3/4 thousand euro, would the same amount be enough for prague? any info would be great..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rose11

Yeah accommodation is generally reasonable in Prague. Whether you decide to stay in student dorms or off campus, I think you will be fine with that budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Aoibheann.

Hi,I'm in 2nd year Law and I've just been accepted to do Erasmus at Charles University, Prague but I'm still undecided about doing it. Just wondering if you have any advice about the college/Prague in general? What's the city like? Is it expensive? Is the social life good? Are you happy you went? etc. Thanks.

Advertisement