Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meathawk's Music

Options
  • 18-04-2009 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

I have just realised that I have "wasted" way too much time working on my first album and now it is going to be near impossible to get the work done to get my course next year DN054(Psychology).I thought if I just worked on this and if it was done before Easter I'd be fine but I've been so obsessed working out kinks and stuff that it has up until now used up all my time .I dunno what to do but if anyone wants to listen and tell me if it was worth it or not it is availible http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wng5zkdqztz

Maybe it was worth all the hours of neglecting school work.Tell me what you think please .
    s5030350.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Aerb

Aaah. After listening to the first, like, half minute, it sounds a lot like Radiohead. I've only listened to the first two. I liked everything in the first song apart from the high voice at the start. >< It sounds sort of muffled and broken. But in the second song, the voice doesn't sound so quiet, even though it's supposed to be more soft. What did you think of the voice?

The music itself is really sweet and surprising. It was catchy too which is kind of weird. I usually don't think catchy music is sweet. =D I'd listen to the rest now but it's almost 4AM. I'll listen to the rest tomorrow, promise.

And I know what you mean. I've been neglecting school work for music practice too (but I'm in 5th :B). I think the neglect was worth it for both of us though, and I'm not just saying that to spare feelings. Also, was Radiohead an influence? jw

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

lol.. OP, you are shameless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

Hey well thanks to you guys for listening so far .I kinda just felt that if won't be able to do justice for myself in the leaving cert I might aswell try to get my album out there.Also Radiohead are an influence of mine but I wouldn't say they are one of the biggest.www.myspace.com/stephentunney My influences can be found here and fagspace :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

You've still got 6 weeks left. Think about it. How much time do you usually spend preparing for exams? Much less. There's still so much time. I'd understand if there were 6 days left but you can still do so much within that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

That's true I suppose(there are 6 weeks ) but with exam tension I am also looking for an excuse not just for myself but for my parents,an album I think is some achievement and a good leaving cert is also a very good achievement.I just don't want this album to compromise anything but if it does at least people listened to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

...seriously, Leaving Cert forum? You could have at least TRIED to pretend you werent just trying to get people to listen to your music :pac: I'l move it over to some other forum. I think there's one where you can post your music?

EDIT: Ok this looks like the appropriate forum (sorry mods if it isn't). I saw the rule about the title of the thread being the band's name so I changed this to "Meathawk's Music" though I've no idea what you're calling yourself, I'm sure you can change it. I know you probably wanted to get fans from the LC board but this time of year loads of threads actually relevant to the LC pop up so we need to kep the forum clutter-free.

Advertisement