Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daddy Long Legs'

Options
  • 18-04-2009 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Spiders, moths, beetles scare the feck out of me...but a daddy long legs wobbled (cant really say flew) in there a minute ago and im lookin at him whackin himself off every bit of furniture i have! I actually "like" the dangly,long legged, uncoordinated yokes! What a pointless waste of insect life...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah my old arch nemesis the crane fly has returned I see. :mad: *flashback to childhood being covered in them when leaving the window open at night then getting revenge by pulling the wings off several of the beasts!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ah their grand little feckers. Cant fly for sh1t though. Keep him and call him Al

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Ruu wrote: »
    getting revenge by pulling the wings off several of the beasts!

Insect cruelty :(
    Harmless and gormless little feckers.the noise bugs me ( pun intended ) but i just catch them and chuck them out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

They're probably the least scariest insects ever. Its ages since ive seen one, i think ill call this one Al and see how he ends up after bashin himself off my sitting room wall for 10 hours :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Feckin racist's bug me, mammy long legs has longer legs every time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

prinz wrote: »
    Insect cruelty :(
    *runs to start Feedback thread about mods promoting cruelty to insects* :pac:
    anniehoo wrote: »
    I actually "like" the dangly,long legged, uncoordinated yokes! What a pointless waste of insect life...

I heard they're Satan's favourite insects. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

My daddy has long legs as well. He's an excellent 100m hurdler. He won gold in the Olympics and in my heart.

I hate them!

I don't care if there's a spider on my desk, wall or whatever. A fly i can live with, but this amalgamation of the two just really gets to me. I absolutely hate them. They scare the shit out of me, too. Nothing worse than typing away and getting this uncoordinated mess of an insect belting into your face, monitor and keyboard before trying to escape and further hitting into things. Why don't they just do themselves a favor and stay still in the corner like a normal insect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

They're probably the least scariest insects ever. Its ages since ive seen one, i think ill call this one Al and see how he ends up after bashin himself off my sitting room wall for 10 hours :rolleyes:
    Yay Al the new boardies mascot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

little pricks, what good did they do? what the **** decided they shouldnt even be worthy of life. theyre sooooooooooooo stupid im surpised they even know how to reproduce. they should all be exterminated like the snakes because they are gay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

They annoy me when they start all like flying around me touching off me 'nd stuff.
    Then it's an epic battle to the death using the nearest shoe I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Urge to hijack thread and rant about Horse Flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Spiders, moths, beetles scare the feck out of me...but a daddy long legs wobbled (cant really say flew) in there a minute ago and im lookin at him whackin himself off every bit of furniture i have! I actually "like" the dangly,long legged, uncoordinated yokes! What a pointless waste of insect life...

Along came a Spider out on the lash

When I shower daddy Long legs watch me. It is most disconcerting.

Plus picking up a daddy long legs makes me shudder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm sure this is not down to where i'm from BUT we used to pull their legs off and watch them wiggle on thier own :o

Its the wiggly fúckers like maggots that freak me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Apparently they have really poisonus venom but have no way of using it!lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I hate the little bastards. Last Summer I left the window all day only to see 15 crane flys in my room. I got the oul hoover out, great fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

That was on myth busters, but what americans call daddy long legs and what we call daddy long legs are different. Their version is a spider where ours is a love child between a spider and a fly who spent his childhood as a tequila maggot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

oh just wait till Auguest when all those lovely hobo spiders come into yer houses! :eek:

pipeliner wrote: »
    That was on myth busters, but what americans call daddy long legs and what we call daddy long legs are different. Their version is a spider where ours is a love child between a spider and a fly who spent his childhood as a tequila maggot
    Nope you're wrong. Daddy long legs have poision but they dont have teeth to bite us.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

the crainfly.some have a spiky arse.,some flat.i saw one have an epic battle with a spider.Do the small ones become the big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

Kiera wrote: »
    Nope you're wrong. Daddy long legs have poision but they dont have teeth to bite us.

Yeah but that crap about them being really being the most poisonous but just not being able to use it is a load of crap.

I hate it when somebody says that and actually believes it. Makes me want to slap them on the side of the head.

Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    Yeah but that crap about them being really being the most poisonous but just not being able to use it is a load of crap.

I hate it when somebody says that and actually believes it. Makes me want to slap them on the side of the head.
    Bring it fúcking on!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

Kiera wrote: »
    Bring it fúcking on!
    ;)

Eh, I already did. Its been brought.

Sorry you missed it... :P

Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    Eh, I already did. Its been brought.

Sorry you missed it... :P
    Dammit, i always miss the fun :( Bring it on AGAIN? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That would be sexism, dear.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Obsidian

You mean sexist, no?
    ;)
    SDooM wrote: »
    That would be sexism, dear.

:P

Not to self: Check the whole thread first >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I'm surprised it took until the second page for this to be written. This is a myth, there is no evidence that they are venomous to humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i hate the little bastards. the noise they make drives me mad. death to them all, i say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Weird. When I hear "daddy long legs" I don't think crane fly, I think of this. Interesting. Must be different over here. What do you call those yokes, then? Just regular spiders...? Do you even get them in Ireland or are they a north american thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I'm surprised it took until the second page for this to be written. This is a myth, there is no evidence that they are venomous to humans.

I didn't know it was an actual myth.
    I thought it was from that joke Ricky Gervais told at one of his shows...:confused:

Advertisement