Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney

Options
  • 17-04-2009 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi,

Am building a traditional blockwork house and ma trying to decide on the chimney. Should i build a traditional block chimney or perhaps use a system such as schiedel. Anyone have any thoughts? Going to use a room sealed stove.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Hi,

Am building a traditional blockwork house and ma trying to decide on the chimney. Should i build a traditional block chimney or perhaps use a system such as schiedel. Anyone have any thoughts? Going to use a room sealed stove.

If room sealed u need external air intake.
    How would u achieve that with trad build: the scheidel has a nice // air-intake system; have u seen it? I have some pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 liam300tm

I'd ne interested in seeing those pics,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭YourAverageJoe

Hi,

Yeah I am aware of the need for an external intake, but would a 4 inch wavin pipe built into the external wall behind the stove not privde this?

Hi,

Yeah I am aware of the need for an external intake, but would a 4 inch wavin pipe built into the external wall behind the stove not privde this?

there are issues around pressure differentials caused by wind across the house causing a down-draft in chimney back out the external duct.

did u read this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055394080

The first image shows the air-intake beside the chimney pot, the other shows the 'inners' the dermic flue is not shown, it fits inside the insulation

• Advertisement
Advertisement