Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nssutil3.dll seen as a trojan by Bitdefender

Options
  • 17-04-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Getting this odd message saying that nssutil3.dll within my Firefox 3.0.8 folder is a trojan. Fair enough I say, possible infection. So I redownloaded the installer from mozilla.com and during the installer, Bitdefender deletes nssutil3.dll Did a Google, and found that this has also happened to other people, and to people using Bulldog AV.

Wondering does anyone know how to fix this?

The file would be located at c:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp\7zSF06.tmp\nonlocalized\nssutil3.dll

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭numbnuts

the_syco wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Getting this odd message saying that nssutil3.dll within my Firefox 3.0.8 folder is a trojan. Fair enough I say, possible infection. So I redownloaded the installer from mozilla.com and during the installer, Bitdefender deletes nssutil3.dll Did a Google, and found that this has also happened to other people, and to people using Bulldog AV.

Wondering does anyone know how to fix this?

The file would be located at c:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp\7zSF06.tmp\nonlocalized\nssutil3.dll

false positive?
    http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=lt&forumId=1&comments_parentId=330311

BitDefender has just released an update that no longer mistakes nssutil3.dll for a malicious file. Please update your BitDefender installation and make sure you have the 2009.04.17 update.

Debate
    http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=13130

Paddy..

Advertisement