Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road works Ring Road

Options
  • 17-04-2009 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭

Are they widening the roundabout and approachs to the Bennetsbridge road roundabout at last I presume?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

They are either widening the road or adding a foothpath or both. I'd say they are just adding a footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Munurty wrote: »
    They are either widening the road or adding a foothpath or both. I'd say they are just adding a footpath.

Feck that. Widen the road first and the roundabouts. Then do a footpath. No place for pedestrians imho anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

From what I've heard they're widening the approach to the roundabout so there will be two lanes, like at the Dublin Road roundabout. They're adding a foot & cycle path too.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

If you look at the side of the road, there are little yellow stakes driven into the ground beside the roundabout and also along the side of the road from the bridge towards the carlow road roundabout (like there was beside where they have it all dug out now) so presumably they will upgrade the roundabout as well as adding the path/cycleway/lighting etc.

I seem to remember there were plans to upgrade all the original part of the ring road to 2 lanes (not just 2 lanes at the roundabouts), add the cycle lane and paths, upgrade the lighting and also add a path on the country side along by woddies. I even think there was to be a central divider along the route. I think it was just up for consultation though rather than a firm plan so I don't know the outcome (and paying for it was not an issue at that time like it is now).

Hopefully they will also build a roundabout at the entrance to woddies too... (anyone remember the delays to traffic while they took forever to build the one near the watershed? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Cycle lanes seem to have materialised overnight on the Comer Road now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement